Are there save transfer bonuses?

#1y000012500Posted 3/16/2013 8:06:45 PM
From Bioshock 1 or 2? If not, then would the PS3 version be better?
#2FawkniccaPosted 3/16/2013 8:24:09 PM
Yeah if you have a sale file for both 1 and 2 you get the Andrew Ryan DLC. You get to help Ryan build rapture from scratch kind of like Sims City. Man I can't wait! You get a submarine and fight off giant squids and orcas, while a friend playing as Ryan builds the city made out of the bones of your enemies.
#3iambmcPosted 3/16/2013 10:15:15 PM
Yeah, a sale file. That's rich. If you are going troll someone, at least check your grammar, lest you look incompetent on top of sounding like a jerk to a legitimate question.

As far as I know TC, nothing has been mentioned about previous save file bonuses. A quick search doesn't show anything either.
#4ssj5kingPosted 3/16/2013 11:01:34 PM
There most likely wont be any since BI has nothing to do with the setting or story of 1 and 2.
---
Xbox Live GT: Nnnking
#5FawkniccaPosted 3/17/2013 12:59:55 AM
iambmc posted...
Yeah, a sale file. That's rich. If you are going troll someone, at least check your grammar, lest you look incompetent on top of sounding like a jerk to a legitimate question.

As far as I know TC, nothing has been mentioned about previous save file bonuses. A quick search doesn't show anything either.

Woah! I in the midst of having a life, mistakeingly put an L instead of a V. I'm quite sorry sir, its just that I don't take pride in my grammar across a video game forum. However, thank you for the corrections and wasting everyone's time with the grammar lesson.
#6DiscagePosted 3/17/2013 1:14:38 AM
No transfer bonuses that I know of. As for which console version to grab just get whichever you prefer. There honestly won't be much difference if the first Bioshock is indication of how this one should run, I've played the first one on both consoles and not much difference I could tell

I prefer Playstation but when it comes to console FPS then I really prefer using the 360 controller. The PS3 version does comes with the original Bioshock on the disc (advantage of the bluray disc holding so much data). PS3 version also has PlayStation Move compatibility, not sure how that works but it says that on the case. Also Bluray discs have a better protective layer than DVD media.

So.. if you don't have a controller or system preference than yeah the PS3 version is probably the most bang for your buck. I personally picked it up for 360 instead of PS3 just because I prefer playing FPS with the 360 controller.
---
XBL: This Is A Trick / PSN: Komentra
Steam: Komentra / Game Center (iOS): Komentra
#7bluehat94Posted 3/17/2013 7:42:52 AM
Fawknicca posted...
iambmc posted...

Woah! I in the midst of having a life, mistakeingly put an L instead of a V. I'm quite sorry sir, its just that I don't take pride in my grammar across a video game forum. However, thank you for the corrections and wasting everyone's time with the grammar lesson.

What life? You're just an alt, you don't actually exist, you're just an extension of one of the lamest trolls on the board. Considering the amount of time he spends here, I doubt he has much of a life either.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#8TwilightEchoesPosted 3/17/2013 7:51:05 AM(edited)
Ken Levine has stated (well actually, sarcastically implied) on twitter there is no save-transfer bonus for Bioshock Infinite.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#9Jambi_ManPosted 3/17/2013 8:02:49 AM
Fawknicca posted...
iambmc posted...

Ha, the "life" argument. If you're so busy having a life, why are you posting on the board of a game that's not even released yet?
And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken issue with your grammar if your post wasn't completely a-hole, and uncalled for.
TC asked a legitimate question, and you decided to be a jerk about it.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#10FawkniccaPosted 3/17/2013 12:18:41 PM
bluehat94 posted...
Fawknicca posted...
iambmc posted...

What life? You're just an alt, you don't actually exist, you're just an extension of one of the lamest trolls on the board. Considering the amount of time he spends here, I doubt he has much of a life either.

This is my first day on the boards. I have no idea wtf an alt is, nor do I care. However, it is quite sad that you feel the need to insult someone over a video game forum. I hope you find happiness in your sad life.