IGN Review should be under 8 or IGN is a joke

#1kimdotcomPosted 3/21/2013 9:56:54 AM
I am not trolling and you will see why:

This game has no multiplayer! Of course a bad multiplayer nobody needs. But why would a game WITHOUT a good multiplayer get the same score as a game that has a campaign AND a multiplayer?

See a game like call of duty (NOT TROLLING) where you have zombies, campaign, and multiplayer. Now does Bioshock Infinite justify the 60EUR price tag ?? No !! Because it lacks replay-value. If at least it had somethn like zombies or survival mode to play again and again :(

Only reason I am considering to buy this because finally its a game without dark/depressing graphics but because its UPLIFTING. Thats great. And this one mode sounds fun that you can unlock where the game is way harder. But it will still just be 20 hours probably while a game with a multiplayer can easily be 200 hours.

Thats why I dont understand why people spend 60 on it. It does not make any sense. And IGN should give it below 8.

Again, not trolling. This is my opinion. And I would love to buy it, but I just cannot justify it comparing this to other games and the value they offer. And I wish bioshock infinite would include way more game modes, so you have a ton of replay-value.
---
megaracer
#2bluehat94Posted 3/21/2013 10:00:11 AM(edited)
Saying "i'm not trolling" over and over again has the opposite of the intended effect. You may not be trolling, but you entire OP is still incredibly stupid..
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#3lopzterXPosted 3/21/2013 9:59:45 AM
lol
#4kimdotcom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:03:01 AM
i am looking forward to valid opinions/replys.

i also bought far cry 3 and it was a great game but it does not justify the purchase. it would have needed a FUN multiplayer mode or replay-value in form of zombies/surviving waves.

It would be so easy for the devs to add such modes. They need to start doing this.

I am still not finally decided on bioshock infinite tho, that one hard mode that you can unlock in main menu somehow, will it be like the wonderful game BLACK from xbox1/ps2? Where you play for an hour and if you die you are reset one full hour ? so you have to be really careful? That was an amazing experience. And I did take weeks to complete that game. Is bioshock inf the same when you play that special mode?
---
megaracer
#5ZombiePyroNinjaPosted 3/21/2013 10:05:22 AM
So basically.

A linear first person shooter that does nothing to change the game itself and yearly is worth the 60 dollar price tag and other games should fall in line with it.

I get the message you're trying to convey. I would have used Far Cry 3 as an example. Far cry 3 being a vast open world with just too many damn things to do with 32 storyline missions, hunting, minigames, side missions, facking molotov bear hunting Making it well worth the 60 bucks. But the point is I don't think you'd be saying this if you played either of the other Bioshocks. Bioshock 1 was a masterpiece, and bioshock 2 was one as well.
#6MalefactionPosted 3/21/2013 10:05:37 AM
Why should you expect "valid replys" when this topic is painfully invalid.
---
There is no love in your violence.
#7whiterabbit1369Posted 3/21/2013 10:07:21 AM
And this ladies and gentlemen, is what's wrong with the current gaming community.
---
SPAAAAAAAAACE magic!
#8kimdotcom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:08:07 AM
ZombiePyroNinja posted...
So basically.

A linear first person shooter that does nothing to change the game itself and yearly is worth the 60 dollar price tag and other games should fall in line with it.

I get the message you're trying to convey. I would have used Far Cry 3 as an example. Far cry 3 being a vast open world with just too many damn things to do with 32 storyline missions, hunting, minigames, side missions, facking molotov bear hunting Making it well worth the 60 bucks. But the point is I don't think you'd be saying this if you played either of the other Bioshocks. Bioshock 1 was a masterpiece, and bioshock 2 was one as well.

i did complete bioshock 1+2 and i loved them. i didnt buy them full price tho.

for yearly COD i dont think its perfect but for me the SURVIVAL mode of mw3 where you need to survive waves was tons of fun and i easily put 100 or 200 hours into it mostly with friends on all the 25 or so maps (with dlc).

that bioshock infinite mode btw is called 1999 mode they wrote some on the blog, it sounds cool and would be the only reason to convince me to change my mind and buy this game.

Infinite will feature a new game
mode that takes its cues from old school
hardcore games, developer Irrational has
revealed. Dubbed the 1999 mode, it's
essentially a tougher version of the title
where players' choices have "permanent
consequences" in the game and modern-day
features such as frequent respawn points
and an abundance of ammo have been
stripped out to increase the challenge.
The game mode came about following
feedback from the Bioshock community,
which unanimously agreed that upgrades
enhance the Bioshock experience but
crucially, over half also indicated the game
would be better still if any decision they
made during the game was a permanent
one. As a result the choices you make in the
game from weapons upgrades to plasmid
selections will have an irreversible impact
on how the game pans out.
Additionally, Bioshock Infinite's 1999 mode
is designed to challenge the best of the
best, as Irrational's blog explains: "It's not
simply a matter of adjusting the difficulty
sliders in the game the team went much
further than that." Indeed, every element
of the game has been tweaked to increase
the challenge, with players forced to make
every shot count, plan out a strategy for
every scenario and effectively use weapon
customisation to increase their chances of
survival.
The health system will be overhauled too,
"set to an entirely different baseline"
according to Irrational, and while there will
be game saves, Creative Director Ken
Levine claims "you're gonna f***ing need
them."
Are you man enough to face Bioshock
Infinite's 1999 mode?
---
megaracer
#9ssj5kingPosted 3/21/2013 10:11:49 AM
Don't feed the troll ladies and gentlemen.
---
Xbox Live GT: Nnnking
#10Social_SinPosted 3/21/2013 10:12:37 AM
kimdotcom posted...
i am looking forward to valid opinions/replys.

And everyone is waiting for a valid/logical first post but that sure as hell isn't coming. A Game doesn't have MP thus it doesn't deserve to have anything higher than an 8. Stop throwing out stupid little side modes saying that games need them in order to get a higher score.

Where was time trial in COD? I couldn't go through the same level I just played through chasing a dolphin!? Like wtf!? I could do that in Wave Race 64! COD doesn't deserve above a 5....no time trials or dolphin chasing....pft who can even call that a game.

Stop gaming.
---
GT: Social Sin
Fanboys = The bane of any intelligent individual