Game length?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Xxthesorrow90xX

Xxthesorrow90xX
3 years ago#1
Now, I suppose its a minor complaint but my last few games I bought were extremely short running between 6-8 hours and I'm sure theres many other gamers that feel the same way about spending $60 on a game that you can beat in half a day.

I'm curious if anyone can tell me what the possible game length is? I'm a big bioshock fan, but I just dont want to sink $60 into a game that doesn't last very long.

User Info: drewh

drewh
3 years ago#2
10-12
My video game Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
i7 2600k | GTX 570 | 1440p monitor | 256 GB Crucial M4

User Info: Cpt_of_Industry

Cpt_of_Industry
3 years ago#3
I dunno man. Jesus Christ these questions. Did you enjoy Bioshock 1 and 2? If so, then get this game.
The Jersey Guy

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
3 years ago#4
go slow, explore skyrim can be beat in 10 hours
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2

User Info: Xxthesorrow90xX

Xxthesorrow90xX
3 years ago#5
It just bugs me how short our games are now... lol I remember when we at least got a solid 20 hours from games... but I do like bioshock a lot... Guess I could always do trade ins...

User Info: koichi

koichi
3 years ago#6
Xxthesorrow90xX posted...
It just bugs me how short our games are now... lol I remember when we at least got a solid 20 hours from games... but I do like bioshock a lot... Guess I could always do trade ins...

I do not remember ever getting 20 hours from a shooter. I do remember playing a shooter good enough that the accumulated hours from multiple runs exceeded 20 though.

Edit: I feel the need to mention that duh, a fps rpg hybrid will probably hit 20 hours like fallout.
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
(message deleted)

User Info: RebelElite791

RebelElite791
3 years ago#8
tzar_666 posted...
go slow, explore skyrim can be beat in 10 hours

No.

koichi posted...

I do not remember ever getting 20 hours from a shooter. I do remember playing a shooter good enough that the accumulated hours from multiple runs exceeded 20 though.

Edit: I feel the need to mention that duh, a fps rpg hybrid will probably hit 20 hours like fallout.

If you're "finished' with Fallout in 20 hours...just....no.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/NvRUjep.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xqJhbJ3.jpg

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
3 years ago#9
RebelElite791

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/10/13/jeff-vs-sam-ii-the-skyrim-speedrun/
2 hours 16 minits 30 seconds.

so yes
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2

User Info: PhilR1

PhilR1
3 years ago#10
koichi posted...

I can get to around 17 hours with Half-Life 2. Pretty sure that Bioshock 1 & 2 took me longer than that.

Far Cry 2 took me 40 hours to complete. Yes, that's right FORTY hours, no joke.

I can easily get 50 hours + out of each of the Mass Effect games too.
Currently playing Gears of War Judgment Kilo Squad Edition. Waiting for , Bioshock Infinite, Army of Two Devils Cartel

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived