Significance of bird or cage? *Major Ending Spoilers*

#21PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 3/30/2013 4:45:39 PM
Blargg posted...
It's not double sided. It's a constant. No matter what else happens it always lands heads.

Yeah, I get that. But HOW can it be a constant without it being rigged? A coin does not always land on heads, no matter what. You can't just choose "Oh I think I'll make this constant" and even if it did just so happen to land on heads every single time, how did they know it would? To, you know, use it as a constant?

IDK I guess I'm crazy. This game!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#22BlarggPosted 3/30/2013 5:20:08 PM
The game makes a point that certain events in time are constants and cannot be changed no matter what. The coin flip is a minor example. Booker's baptism is a major one. Other events are variables and can be prevented - like the destruction of New York, for example.
---
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."
#23Merc123Posted 3/30/2013 5:21:27 PM
I picked the Cage as a tribute to Nicholas Cage, the greatest actor of all time....
#24UnholyMudcrabPosted 3/30/2013 5:56:40 PM
Blargg posted...
It's not double sided. It's a constant. No matter what else happens it always lands heads.

Yeah, I get that. But HOW can it be a constant without it being rigged? A coin does not always land on heads, no matter what. You can't just choose "Oh I think I'll make this constant" and even if it did just so happen to land on heads every single time, how did they know it would? To, you know, use it as a constant?

IDK I guess I'm crazy. This game!

Since the flip result is a constant, it means that for every heads chalked down on the Luteces' board, Booker has gone through Columbia once before. He was caught in a loop until the events of the game.
---
Catholicism isn't even in the top 5 religions in the world, nor is it even in America. - DB-RB
http://i.imgur.com/qYn2a.png
#25ShytheSepthKangPosted 3/31/2013 5:44:17 AM
About the coin. It doesn't always land on heads...in the same world.
But multiple infinite worlds in the same precise moment? It can happen.
You're just thinking about it wrongly. The coin lands on head on that precise moment in every world. Can't explain it better without the correct semantics ;)

And they know it's a constant by trying it over and over again each time they took a Booker to try and correct everything. The chalkboard has over 100 points for head. It means over 100 Booker tried and failed before him.
---
Topic: Why do people refer to the Berserker as a SHE???(GoW)
Answer: Ever seen a woman on her period and you just ate the last of the ice cream?