1999 mode upgrade health, shield or both and why?

#11David_741Posted 3/28/2013 8:39:38 PM
If you don't use vigors that much then just mainly focus on shield and health.
Bucking Bronco vigor is the best for those who have much salt as you still get quite a few uses per bar and is still very effective.

If you mainly focus on shield and salt you should be using more costly vigors like Crows and Possession and protect your low health with many traps around your position.
---
FC: 5286 0685 2561
#12Kindertotenwald(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 8:46:46 PM
Im going to focus mainly on crows and possession they are too good on 1999 to not upgrade.

For weapons I know I will want to upgrade carbine as its ohk on most foes with vanilla bronco and gives me some good range, I will probs go for volley gun then after
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#13David_741Posted 3/28/2013 9:07:59 PM
I made mistake of just upgrading two weapons , the shotgun and carbine but kept running out of ammo to quickly or found my self conserving ammo. I eventually started using both the Repeater and the Hand Cannon and found it much easier as well using Shotguns and carbines if I had the ammo.
---
FC: 5286 0685 2561
#14Kindertotenwald(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:05:56 PM
David_741 posted...
I made mistake of just upgrading two weapons , the shotgun and carbine but kept running out of ammo to quickly or found my self conserving ammo. I eventually started using both the Repeater and the Hand Cannon and found it much easier as well using Shotguns and carbines if I had the ammo.

Well I have to pace myself with my money I will obviously be using other guns and plasmids just vanilla
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#15aheroafakePosted 3/28/2013 10:25:36 PM
My upgraded shield has saved my ass numerous times thus far. I am at Soldier's Field and I haven't died once and I'm playing on 1999 mode. Money hasn't been an issue either. I have $1906 and I haven't really spent a dime. I'm trying to get through the game on 1999 mode without using a Dollar Bill vending machine, and I haven't had much problems so far. The Industrial Revolution Reward Pack was also nice and I'm sure the gear it consists of will be quite helpful later in the game.
---
Hollywood Undead | Undead Army | Undead Soldier
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#16FenDieselLivesPosted 3/29/2013 8:05:05 AM
I'd say salts -- using traps can save you big time. Then do shield so you can hide and rely on traps I protect you.
---
PSN and Xbox 360: FenDiesel