Bioshock vs. BIoshock Infinite

#1xTwilightxHeroxPosted 3/28/2013 9:40:00 PM
Which one is better? - Results (386 votes)
Bioshock
47.41% (183 votes)
Bioshock Infinite
52.59% (203 votes)
This poll is now closed.
You knew this was coming, which one do you guys prefer?
---
http://www.danbirlew.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/xiii.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/8280/358332-persona_3_1.0.jpg
#2Frost_LASERPosted 3/28/2013 9:42:07 PM
Gameplay of Bioshock 1 and atmosphere of Infinite. But the gameplay gives it to Bioshock 1.
#3Crikit47Posted 3/28/2013 9:42:38 PM
I love both of them, but Bioshock 1 wins on atmosphere alone. Elizabeth is my favorite person ever though... Every time she throws me silver eagles I say "I love you" out loud in real life...
#4TheKing012Posted 3/28/2013 9:45:41 PM
the original Bioshock's ending twist was much less contrived, and felt a lot more accomplished in it's execution. and while still lacking the definitive nature to match up quality-wise with other narratives that have vague endings, it was a lot better than the nonsensical dribble we were presented with in Infinite.
#5Aura_of_ApathyPosted 3/28/2013 10:34:04 PM
Ugh. Lets all be honest here, no one will ever vote for anything against Bioshock 1. Sure some MIGHT, but even if they made five more games even better than Infinite I think people would still say BS1 is the best.

And most ironically, I would too. Maybe because it was the first one. Maybe because the atmosphere was amazing, the story so interesting, that final twist, etc etc.

I am LOVING Infinite. But BS1 for me, just because its BS1.
#6rabidkeeblerPosted 3/28/2013 10:37:12 PM
The thing for me is I feel Infinite is the more "complete package" in terms of story with a strong beginning, middle, and end. After the big twist in Bioshock 1, it lost some of its wind in its sails.
#7CuteBlueBabyBeaPosted 3/28/2013 10:39:35 PM
infinite is better. story is more original and gameplay is better.
#8mmSNAKEPosted 3/28/2013 10:41:48 PM
it was a lot better than the nonsensical dribble we were presented with in Infinite.

It was not nonsensical. It makes sense, it is just more complicated compared to the first game.

Both stories are really well done, however Infinite is much more complex, with more themes put into it. Which one is better is open to personal interpretation. Difficult to say objectively which is better.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#9Deadmeat20Posted 3/28/2013 10:42:51 PM
One difference between Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite is how plasmids and vigors are portrayed. In Bioshock, plasmids are simply tools that have everyday purposes. Telekinesis, Incinerate, Electro Bolt, and Winter Blast all have real world applications. It's just that they can also be used to kill.

In Columbia, none of the vigors seem to have a practical application besides death and destruction. Who would use Devil's Kiss in their everyday life? What purpose does Return to Sender have outside of combat? The only two that might be usable are Possession and Undertow.

I appreciated how plasmids were not simply murder weapons in Rapture, they were simply tools with a variety of applications. That isn't present in Columbia, which saddens me greatly.
---
GT: Bloodredtyrant
I brainstorm with my multiple personalities.
#10arc125Posted 3/28/2013 10:48:48 PM(edited)
Ugh. Lets all be honest here, no one will ever vote for anything against Bioshock 1. Sure some MIGHT, but even if they made five more games even better than Infinite I think people would still say BS1 is the best.

And most ironically, I would too. Maybe because it was the first one. Maybe because the atmosphere was amazing, the story so interesting, that final twist, etc etc.

I am LOVING Infinite. But BS1 for me, just because its BS1.

Infinite is winning though, haha! I agree though. BS1 had a certain charm to it. Infinite has Elizabeth though and she is now one of my favorite female video game characters.
---
ARE YOU LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD?