Body in lighthouse (spoilers)

#1houli1975Posted 3/28/2013 9:48:41 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I just realized that the body that is in the lighthouse that has the sign that says "Don't fail us" (or something like that) may actually be Booker. Or a version of Booker.

The "Twins" hint that versions of Booker have attempted Elizabeth's removal from Colombia and failed 121 times. Perhaps this is the most recent failure, and he's put there as a warning to our Booker.

I don't remember if he's wearing the same clothes as our Booker (and he wouldn't necessarily have to), but it is interesting that his face is covered.

Just something to consider.
#2ODommPosted 3/28/2013 9:49:47 PM
I figured that too as I played. We really have no way of knowing for certain though, as it is never alluded to in the rest of the game.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#3Frost_LASERPosted 3/28/2013 9:51:22 PM
What makes the Booker we are playing as different from the other 122 failed Bookers though?
#4Red_PlushiePosted 3/28/2013 9:51:26 PM
I always thought the whole beginning (including the body) was just the part of his memories the brain created after traversing time and that the game actually started once he was in the pod to go to Columbia.
---
Stuff Goes Here.
#5mahgah91Posted 3/28/2013 9:52:07 PM
Really? I saw it more as a taunt from Comstock. In the future that Comstock saw, Booker had to come and he had to attempt to save Elizabeth. This gave Elizabeth hope which was what allowed Comstock to break her and brainwash her later. Without Booker, Elizabeth wouldn't have that same hope and wouldn't have been broken that way.

As Rosaline Lutece mentioned, Comstock saw this as the only future, he didn't realize Booker coming to save Elizabeth and then failing was only a possibility that could be changed.

The body was probably a Vox or someone similar put there to taunt Booker.
#6houli1975(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 9:58:39 PM
"What makes the Booker we are playing as different from the other 122 failed Bookers though?"

I think the main difference with our Booker is that he is able to make it to future Elizabeth, and she gives him the letter that reveals how to control Songbird.

Songbird is the key. In fact, she says something along the lines of all previous versions failing because Songbird won't let Elizabeth leave in any of the scenarios.
#7fire_wheelsPosted 3/28/2013 10:04:39 PM
and he's able to make it that far because the Luteces have achieved the strategy for him to succeed in their experiment
#8The_VirginianPosted 3/28/2013 10:15:29 PM
I don't think that's correct. On the map there's a note that reads "He's coming, you have to stop him. -C"

I think the man was a guard hired by Comstock who saw Booker's coming through a tear who was taken care of by the Luteces.