I liked this much more than Bioshock 1

#1casedawgzPosted 3/29/2013 5:23:51 PM
Not sure why. The first one never really clicked with me but infinite was one of the most moving, enjoyable gaming experieces I've had in years.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#2MaurithPosted 3/29/2013 5:25:44 PM
Bioshock 1 was great, but for me personally it kind of fizzled out a bit after the big twist. The areas in the game after that were really drab and uninteresting compared to earlier stages, and the story became a simple march to the inevitable outcome. Right from the beginning, Infinite made it clear that the story's going to be much more impacting for the full duration.
---
LoL: Rumble, Syndra, Fizz, Janna, Ezreal, Rengar, Kog'Maw, Lee Sin, Vi, Lux, Twitch, Swain
#3Setzer0608Posted 3/29/2013 5:29:51 PM
It's almost impossible for me to choose between them, they are both some of the best this generation had to offer. I feel like on a personal level, I like infinite more. But being objective, and thinking of what is actually "better" I think I still have to go with the orginal. It's gameplay had a bit more to offer, it was more original(seeing as infinite obviously built off its gameplay mechanics) and even it's story I thought was better in an objective sense but I definitely prefer infinities story, I just love the open to interpretation stuff. But overall I just try to view them as essential equals.
---
Currently playing: Dead Space 3
#4SythisTaruPosted 3/29/2013 5:33:32 PM
Maurith posted...
Bioshock 1 was great, but for me personally it kind of fizzled out a bit after the big twist. The areas in the game after that were really drab and uninteresting compared to earlier stages, and the story became a simple march to the inevitable outcome. Right from the beginning, Infinite made it clear that the story's going to be much more impacting for the full duration.

There is only 1 level after that part. The "twist" happens at around 90% complete in the storyline.
#5ahfoongusPosted 3/29/2013 5:35:37 PM
Bioshock 1 was.... alright, I guess. The setting and atmosphere are incredible, but everything else is mediocre.
#6MaurithPosted 3/29/2013 5:37:32 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Maurith posted...

There is only 1 level after that part. The "twist" happens at around 90% complete in the storyline.

Nah. The twist occurs after Hephaestus. After that there's: Olympus Heights, Apollo's Square, Point Prometheus, Proving Grounds, and the final area.
---
LoL: Rumble, Syndra, Fizz, Janna, Ezreal, Rengar, Kog'Maw, Lee Sin, Vi, Lux, Twitch, Swain
#7maiden1993Posted 3/29/2013 5:38:21 PM
The problem with BioShock was that after the big twist the game just...kept going.

It's like if The Sixth Sense kept going for another 30 minutes after we find out Bruce Willis was a ghost the whole time.
#8SythisTaruPosted 3/29/2013 5:39:34 PM
Maurith posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Maurith posted...

Nah. The twist occurs after Hephaestus. After that there's: Olympus Heights, Apollo's Square, Point Prometheus, Proving Grounds, and the final area.

All of those are different areas in 1 level.
#9PutHaggarInSFPosted 3/29/2013 5:41:34 PM
I like the story more in this one. Especially the end. Game play and atmosphere, Bioshock 1 edges this one out a bit for me.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#10delt31Posted 3/29/2013 5:41:46 PM
TC I totally agree with you
---
Call of Duty Declassified for the Vita - most underrated game ever.