How the hell do I beat the Handyman in the Factory on 1999?

#1SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 3/31/2013 3:11:38 AM
I am down to my last $500 and I'm starting to get scared, I died 6 times now... He just seems insurmountable. RPG has like 4 shots in it, 3 shotgun shells and only enough salt for about 3 undertows. Help :(
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#2GuggerbunkPosted 3/31/2013 3:44:30 AM
SCREAMINGBEATSS posted...
I am down to my last $500 and I'm starting to get scared, I died 6 times now... He just seems insurmountable. RPG has like 4 shots in it, 3 shotgun shells and only enough salt for about 3 undertows. Help :(

Sounds like you aren't aiming for the heart.
#3CjcharismaPosted 3/31/2013 3:45:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4BryanPS360Posted 3/31/2013 3:47:29 AM
Are you talking about the Handyman that shows up after Daisy kills Fink?

If that's the Handyman you're talking about, I can't help you. The one I was fighting (fortunately) went over the edge.
---
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210
#5CjcharismaPosted 3/31/2013 3:50:17 AM
Yeah, or do you mean the very first Handyman you fight?
#6XRamzaXPosted 3/31/2013 4:04:03 AM
My friend also had trouble at this part. There is like one health pack in that whole area. But a few salts. Weapons there also kinda suck, I believe you ahve access to a carbine near the start and snipers at the back.

I would start by checking your gear list and see if you have storm or blood to salt. Either of these could help you a bit. One of the bonuses was also a handy man 50% damage, if you have this it could help as well.

If you don't have any of these I would look through your gear and what might help you. Things that relate to skylines are good at that section. Ignore the handyman at first and try to use the skyline to take out the grunts. Hopefully during this time elizabeth will help you with your salt situation.

There is a few salts around that area to the back if I remember correctly. Watch for enemies reinforcements throughout the match and continue to use the skyline to prevent damage from the handyman.

I don't remember if enemies keep showing up until the handyman is dead but you could test this. If they adventually stop then you can bait the handyman into jumping onto the skyline and snipe his heart( I am pretty sure there are snipers in the back)
---
Troll killing method 1: Refuse to speak or acknowledge them in any way except by quoting anything they post. Ignore this method if already performed.
#7XRamzaXPosted 3/31/2013 4:05:59 AM
Also, depending on how much money you have lost it might be a good idea to restart from a checkpoint.
---
Troll killing method 1: Refuse to speak or acknowledge them in any way except by quoting anything they post. Ignore this method if already performed.
#8SCREAMINGBEATSS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 5:01:04 AM
Yeah it's the one after daisy kills fink, and thanks Ramza I'm gonna go in and try your tips.
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#9U434Posted 3/31/2013 5:23:18 AM
First of all I would reload the last save right outside from where you meet up with Daisy.

The way I did it was

1. Call out the Tesla Coil, kill fireman
2. Go back to the area you first walk in and get ready for the handyman to spawn
3. Play ring around the rosey with the handyman, looping between the middle area with the vending machine and the beginning area. The reason you want to run around here is because it minimizes the chances of getting hit by ranged on the other side of the map.
4. ONLY fire at the handyman when you yourself is on a corner and can easily react and turn turn without getting shot, if shields are down don't fire at all.
5. Keep ability on possess the entire time, so in the rare case you do see another guy run up to you, immediately possess him.

I used mostly upgraded sniper/hand cannon with this strat and killed him without having to respawn. General strat for handymen is to abuse corners, it makes them cake.

Good luck!
#10GgdograaPosted 3/31/2013 5:26:13 AM
SCREAMINGBEATSS posted...

why are you scared? if you run out of money it just sends you to the main menu. You have to reload from the last save game but apart from that it's not that much of a setback.