Handyman glitch?

#1RealAfterlifePosted 4/3/2013 10:56:44 AM
So Im running away from the first handyman you come across in the game. this is my 2nd time through and im on 1999 mode. basically just trying to kill the guy. i havent taken any shots yet just running around for like 4 mins cause i was having a convo with a friend at same time so i didnt pay attention to game. Anyways the handy man auto died.. i restart checkpoint and do it again.. same outcome.. i did this 5 times and same outcome.. different time intervals he autodied though.

Anyone else have this happen?
---
GT: x Afterlife x
#2Mon_Dieu_MelPosted 4/3/2013 10:59:48 AM
... that's weird. Dude does sound like he's in an awful lot of distress with all the screaming about pain and coughing, but I don't think he's ever just up and croaked on me, during a fight.

Might have to try that on my next play-through.
---
Shut up, fatty. -Mon Dieu Mel
#3RealAfterlife(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 3:26:45 PM
it has actually happened during every handyman fight for me. the 2nd one you fight in the game died and despawned before i got anything from him. kind of odd.
---
#4DanKiller7Posted 4/3/2013 4:12:06 PM
I encountered this on my second playthrough 1999 mode. The Handyman in Finks office area just died when I was running from him. I didn't damage him at all I made a tesla coil appear, ran to it and he died before I even got to it.
---
Collateral Shot! This is too easy..
#5BielFFTTFFTTPosted 4/3/2013 5:43:31 PM
They explode.
#6DanKiller7Posted 4/3/2013 5:45:52 PM
BielFFTTFFTT posted...
They explode.

But why? The one that died in my game died literally less than A minute after he appeared. I didn't get to see what happened since I was running away from him at the time.
---
Collateral Shot! This is too easy..
#7BielFFTTFFTTPosted 4/3/2013 5:47:50 PM
Well after you defeat one this happens ''Thick bundles of cables run from their limbs to a pair of conductors on their backs. (Upon defeating a Handyman, the conductors will overload and send a blast of electricity around the area, however, this does not harm the player.)'' Maybe it's a glitch.
#8RealAfterlife(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:46:12 PM
yea it was very odd. they just keep killing themselves in my game.
---
#9Killr_AcePosted 4/4/2013 1:57:53 PM
This happened to me on my 1999 mode playthrough. The second handyman died while I was running around killing everyone else, never hurt him myself. Then the first siren fight autodied while she was in one corner of the map and I was in the opposite killing corpses.