Just beat 1999 mode as first play through (minor minor spoiler)

#1DogVoltaPosted 4/4/2013 8:08:21 PM
And I can wait to play through the game again. I do NOT want to play through the game in 1999 again however. So I am currently debating whether to drop it to normal or hard.

What are the differences between hard and 1999? If the differences are minor, I might do normal, I cringe thinking about the heartache during the ghost fights and the final battle.
#2luke2460Posted 4/4/2013 8:10:46 PM
Normal was a bit too easy for me...I am playing through 1999 mode now and its far more challenging but so far I have only died twice (just rescued Elizabeth).

I would say...go Hard or go home :P
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#3ssbmchanpPosted 4/4/2013 8:14:23 PM
Is 1999 mode not harder than hard? First play through was hard mode... i was looking to up it.
#4DogVolta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:14:49 PM
luke2460 posted...
Normal was a bit too easy for me...I am playing through 1999 mode now and its far more challenging but so far I have only died twice (just rescued Elizabeth).

I would say...go Hard or go home :P

Yeah I'm worried about normal being too easy, I lose interest so very fast in games when they "play themselves". However, I seriously have no interest in playing through hard if its just like 1999.
#5xGenocidestPosted 4/4/2013 8:22:07 PM
Hard is only a little less difficult than 1999, except you don't lose as much cash (or any) for dying.

I think the damage received/dealt is only a 20% or something or something. Most situations you probably won't notice the difference. (Chances are you'd die the same whether it's 1999 or hard. It might take one or two more bullets for Hard, but when you've got 6 people shooting at you, you probably won't notice)

Normal is easy enough to run around using anything and still come out on top. (Good chance to use those crappy guns you didnt bother with, maybe?)

I'd say.. do it again on 1999 without using the Vending Machine for the achievement. (Unless you already got it)

Charge makes 1999 a lot easier. With the upgrades and the right gear, you can breeze through most battles without fear of dying. (If you've played ME3, it's like Biotic Charge with Nova built in for free)
---
All Hell can't stop us now.
#6DogVolta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:33:02 PM
xGenocidest posted...
Hard is only a little less difficult than 1999, except you don't lose as much cash (or any) for dying.

I think the damage received/dealt is only a 20% or something or something. Most situations you probably won't notice the difference. (Chances are you'd die the same whether it's 1999 or hard. It might take one or two more bullets for Hard, but when you've got 6 people shooting at you, you probably won't notice)

Normal is easy enough to run around using anything and still come out on top. (Good chance to use those crappy guns you didnt bother with, maybe?)

I'd say.. do it again on 1999 without using the Vending Machine for the achievement. (Unless you already got it)

Charge makes 1999 a lot easier. With the upgrades and the right gear, you can breeze through most battles without fear of dying. (If you've played ME3, it's like Biotic Charge with Nova built in for free)

I did get that achievement :) I didn't even know it was one until about 3/4 through the game, so it wasn't a problem not using the Dollar Bill machine.

So from what it sounds like you are saying...my 2nd playthrough will most likely be on normal. As fun and satisfying as finishing such a challenge that was...I'm in no mood to do it again. I hit a wall tonight trying to beat the last battle...I resorted to watching a ton of youtube videos and reading different strategies...none were helping me much. I nearly got to the point where I was going to throw in the towel resign to not being able to do it.

And then some how...some way...I did it, and I didn't even use the strategy/video walk through that most people suggested. It was wild. The joy was spectacular.

Normal, HERE I COME!
#7Sylivin1Posted 4/4/2013 8:36:31 PM
Play it on normal using only the melee attack and vigors.

Makes it more challenging, but still not hard.