Minor question about the beginning of the game

#1GanryuSasakiPosted 4/5/2013 8:23:31 AM
Very early in the game, I think it's just before you get the possession vigor, there's some lone guy who says this odd phrase... Sounds like a code phrase. Is that ever explained?

I don't remember exactly what it is he says, but it sounds cryptic.

I'm currently half-way through on my second playthrough and I don't feel like ruining the auto saves by restarting just to look it up.
#212ehstevePosted 4/5/2013 8:32:09 AM(edited)
It would really help if you knew what it was. I think you may be referring to:

"He's strong in the Sword, but a little weak in Scroll and the Key if you know what I mean?"

That one? I may have those mixed up...
---
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/ehsteve12/
My Legend of Zelda Collection - Last update Feb. 14/13
#3GanryuSasaki(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 8:33:11 AM
No it's not that one. This one seems to address Booker directly. First time I thought it was an attempt to see if Booker was a Vox sympathizer.
#4flakmunkeyPosted 4/5/2013 8:35:17 AM
I went through that area last night on my 1999 play through and i SWEAR I heard someone yell "Booker?" as if they had recognized me. I searched everywhere however and couldn't figure out the source.
---
PC: Alienware m11x R1 Intel Core 2 Duo 1.3GHz (OC to 1.7) 8GB DDR3 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M, XBOX, Vita
#5HofanallyPosted 4/5/2013 8:35:51 AM
Are you talking about the man who says something along the lines of 'calling any port in a storm home'?
---
"If we could perceive time as it truly was, what reason would Grammar Professors have to get of bed in the morning?"
#612ehstevePosted 4/5/2013 8:37:33 AM
Hofanally posted...
Are you talking about the man who says something along the lines of 'calling any port in a storm home'?

That guy is gay and trying to pick you up.
---
#7HofanallyPosted 4/5/2013 8:39:14 AM
12ehsteve posted...
Hofanally posted...

That guy is gay and trying to pick you up.

Thank you.
---
"If we could perceive time as it truly was, what reason would Grammar Professors have to get of bed in the morning?"
#8GanryuSasaki(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 8:40:12 AM
"Are you talking about the man who says something along the lines of 'calling any port in a storm home'?"

Exactly that.
#912ehstevePosted 4/5/2013 8:46:03 AM
GanryuSasaki posted...
"Are you talking about the man who says something along the lines of 'calling any port in a storm home'?"

Exactly that.

He's gay and trying to see if you are too/pick you up.

Asking where you make your home, or if you'll take any port in a storm? = You got a lady, or you just willing to hook up with whoever?

The fact he's in a more secluded area where children are playing is kind of disturbing...
---