yep, another 1999 mode question

#1LOLZuMadBroPosted 4/6/2013 2:56:34 PM
Sorry if this was answered, but I want to know if achievement progress only counts if you finish the game on 1999 beginning to end, or if it is okay to load up older saves on different difficulties.

The reason is that since my internet got disconnected, I've had to load up older saves from the "LOAD CHAPTER" selection in the main menu. I was dying too much, so I tried to restart checkpoint, but it loaded up an old save from normal difficulty, so I had to quit out and try to find my most recent 1999 save manually.

I know it seems a bit paranoid, but I don't wanna have to start ALL the way over for the 1999 achievements! (I'm going for the no Dollar Bill one too). So does 1999 achievement progress get registered per chapter? Or does it have to one continuous playthrough?
---
I avoid cliches like the plague.
#2arc125Posted 4/6/2013 2:59:44 PM
I'm not sure, but I think as long as you didn't change the difficulty; you should be fine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3W7bUZC.gif
#3Blade_Of_IcePosted 4/6/2013 3:02:36 PM
pretty sure its beginning to end.
#4LOLZuMadBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:06:34 PM
Ok, can anyone answer with more certainty?
---
#5arc125Posted 4/6/2013 3:32:30 PM
What part are you on? It might be safer to just start over.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3W7bUZC.gif
#6OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 4/6/2013 3:54:39 PM
you can start from a previous load and still get the cheevos. just dont change any setting once youve started 1999.
#7LOLZuMadBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 4:02:20 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
you can start from a previous load and still get the cheevos. just dont change any setting once youve started 1999.

Ok this is what I was looking for thank you! But isn't the setting change thing kind of a moot point considering that it's impossible to change difficulty in 1999 mode?

Also, to address the post before: I just defeated L Comstock in the graveyard so I'm kinda far into the game.
---
#8LOLZuMadBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 10:20:31 AM
Well if anyone was worrying like I was, fear not, I got all three achievements today after loading my older save! I'm gonna be like the coolest kid in school now.
---
#9waffles3537Posted 4/9/2013 10:58:03 AM
I am about to fight Lady Comstock ghost right now but i want to load an older chapter to farm some money is it possible to load older chapters within 1999 mode and then go back to my current spot and still keep all the money i earned?
#10LOLZuMadBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 12:43:16 PM
I would think so. My experience has led me to believe that achievement progress is measured either on a per chapter basis, or just when you complete the final chapter. Either way, you can't "cheat" the system, since 1999 mode won't allow you to change difficulty once you begin it.
---