OK, so how long is it between SAVE POINTS?

#1Wanz44Posted 4/9/2013 8:57:51 AM
I continue reading how awful the save system is and that it takes along, long time to reach the next save point. How long is the average time to reach a save point? Can you back track and auto save with an old save point?
---
Member since Wednesday December 8, 1999...
... Former user names; 'Wanz 1' and 'Wanz4'
#2ska_dude101Posted 4/9/2013 8:59:54 AM
Like.... 5 minutes? The save system isn't as bad as people try to make it out to be - it's just not Bioshock 1 or 2's system.
#3Ch3wyPosted 4/9/2013 9:12:21 AM
It depends.

If something comes up and you need to quit the game, about 30 minutes. You'll need to quit the game about half way between them.
#4chadchu1Posted 4/9/2013 9:16:57 AM
Each new save deletes the previous, all saves are automatic, they don't call much attention to the fact that they're happening, & they occasionally happen at unexpected times. Saves tend to happen right before dialogue so if you die & you load your save because you don't wanna use the automatic respawn they don't let you disable you have to listen to the dialogue again. Worst save system I've ever experienced.
---
"I'd rather die than go to heaven."-Murderface
#5ska_dude101Posted 4/9/2013 9:22:43 AM
chadchu1 posted...
Each new save deletes the previous...

False.
#6SonnenstarkPosted 4/9/2013 11:10:45 AM
ska_dude101 posted...
chadchu1 posted...

False.

It's a very linear checkpoint system, in a game that has you backtracking and re-tracking through areas...

One maddening time before I had to head to work, I just got past a 3min long scripted sequence around an elevator ride. So I was SURE it must've saved after all that... NOPE, when I came back to work found out I was waaaay back at the beginning of the area!
---
And if God had wanted man to have fair trials he would have given them Pentium processors instead of prejudices.~Lenny Briscoe
#7XxGhaleonxXPosted 4/9/2013 12:17:05 PM
Sonnenstark posted...
ska_dude101 posted...
chadchu1 posted...

False.

It's a very linear checkpoint system, in a game that has you backtracking and re-tracking through areas...

One maddening time before I had to head to work, I just got past a 3min long scripted sequence around an elevator ride. So I was SURE it must've saved after all that... NOPE, when I came back to work found out I was waaaay back at the beginning of the area!

Should have looked for the saving icon on the top right corner.
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521302869
PSN: acetonskyhigh
#8chadchu1Posted 4/15/2013 4:33:46 PM
XxGhaleonxX posted...
Sonnenstark posted...
ska_dude101 posted...
chadchu1 posted...

False.

If the only solution to a constant problem is to constantly stare at the corner of the screen & if you forget you have to leave the 360 on just to make sure you won't be forced to do stuff over again the problem is big & inexcusable. I got screwed at the same part the guy above did because when the plot is developing I'm too busy concentrating on the plot & the game to remember that I need to always stare at the corner of the screen.
---
"I'd rather die than go to heaven."-Murderface
#9nubs222Posted 4/15/2013 4:39:46 PM
Sonnenstark posted...
ska_dude101 posted...
chadchu1 posted...

False.

Dude, it tells you when the last save point is when you try to quit the game...if you didn't bother to read it and check then it's your own fault.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#10EvolutionBabyPosted 4/15/2013 4:43:11 PM
ska_dude101 posted...
Like.... 5 minutes? The save system isn't as bad as people try to make it out to be - it's just not Bioshock 1 or 2's system.

I disagree. If you actually explore to find voxophones, kinetoscopes, food, salts, and other things along those lines, save points can be (and often are) at least twenty minutes apart.