Gear locations?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 4/18/2013 12:20:23 PM
I just started playing this game, and I'm just leaving the Blue Ribbon place. Shortly after leaving here, you get the Machine Gun for the first time, so I'm early in the game.

Is there a website that lists the gear locations as you progress in the game? I heard about a gear that replenishes your salt each time you do something. Forgot what it was. I DEFINITELY want that one!
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Cause of that, I rarely use my mic...rarely.
#2Static HamsterPosted 4/18/2013 12:24:16 PM
Blood to Salt.

Where you grt gear is fixed.

What gear you get is randomized.

You could get it at the first location. If you keep reloading you game and are persistent you will get it.
---
I am nothing but a figment of my own imagination.
#3MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 12:32:45 PM
Static Hamster posted...
Blood to Salt.

Where you grt gear is fixed.

What gear you get is randomized.

You could get it at the first location. If you keep reloading you game and are persistent you will get it.

In the beginning of the game? What's the place called? I haven't payed much attention to that.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Cause of that, I rarely use my mic...rarely.
#4Static HamsterPosted 4/18/2013 12:44:59 PM
I think the irst location is behind the white bookcase right before you get the Murder of Crows vigor
---
I am nothing but a figment of my own imagination.
#5theonyxphoenixPosted 4/18/2013 12:54:06 PM
http://www.ign.com/wikis/bioshock-infinite/Gear

Here is a list of all of the gear.

The gear behind the bookcase is random but the one after the first Crow seems to always be Burning Halo. Also, Health for Salts always appears at a fixed place late in the game.

You know what really grinds my gears?

There are three great places to grind for random gears. Spoilers ahead, maybe.

1. The first time Elizabeth throws money at you there is a nearby gear box. If you chose to throw the ball at the barker during the raffle you will have another nearby box. You can reload the autosave and get both boxes within seconds to find the one you want.

2. In Shantytown right before the police station

3. In Comstock House, Warden's Office.

Now this isn't to say you can take advantage of the respawning gear box in Soldier's Field. There is a topic about this subject. It may take hours but you can farm most of the gears in the game.

I'm pretty sure there are a few other boxes that are fixed but I cannot think of them off of the top of my head.
---
He doesn't row.