My gripes with Infinite thus far

#1MindGamingMantiPosted 4/29/2013 7:25:02 AM
-Save point system is a pain if you're thorough and if you have to quit at any given time.
-Weapon wheel is gone.
-Can't stock health and salt
-Shield
-Shield is useless and leaves you completely vulnerable on harder difficulties. This stacks with the inability to be able to stock health and salt kits.
-You burn through health and salt in mere moments.
-No map (Not a big deal though)
-Motion blur is crazy in some areas.

All these are starting to make the original's shadow shroud Infinite's legacy as a game itself, and not a narrative masterpiece, albeit I'm still only a fourth through the game.

This game is still very fun and the story seems pretty interesting thus far, but putting that aside, what are your gripes or your take on mine?
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct."
#2FernieODSTPosted 4/29/2013 7:34:46 AM
People tend to take other peoples opinions more seriously when they actually finish what they are talking about. For all you know, the game could drastically get better in the next chapter. Finish the game and then let us know what you feel about the experience after you have already experienced it.

It's kind of like going to the movie theater and a fourth of the way through you start to tell the person next to you that you dislike the rate of character progression and music score.
---
I dont like MW2, i dont play MW2, so i dont go on the boards. Why do people who hate reach and dont play it post on the boards?
GT- Xxx1337Pr05n1p3r420666Xxx
#3choubachouPosted 4/29/2013 7:35:52 AM
The lack of a map bothered me on my first play through. The second time I didn't care because I knew what the environments were like.
#4ShibutoPosted 4/29/2013 8:44:44 AM
what are your gripes or your take on mine?

They're pathetic

*leaves topic*
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#5MindGamingManti(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 12:35:28 PM
Even though I'm only a fourth through the game, everything I listed will not change. It doesn't matter how far I get.

As for my gripes being pathetic, that's fair enough.
---
#6yumekoPosted 4/29/2013 12:42:59 PM
-Shield is useless and leaves you completely vulnerable on harder difficulties. This stacks with the inability to be able to stock health and salt kits.

Gotta disagree with this one, at least the way I played. Pretty much never upgraded health, put everything into magnetic shield, worked out fine. Shield is just self-replenishing health.

What difficultly are you on?
---
[[Proud Member of the Three Yusketeers!]]
"you can press X to baptize them or B to drown them so they can better appreciate air." -LuckyLuke2346
#7MindGamingManti(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 12:45:24 PM
yumeko posted...

Gotta disagree with this one, at least the way I played. Pretty much never upgraded health, put everything into magnetic shield, worked out fine. Shield is just self-replenishing health.

What difficultly are you on?

Hard for my first playthrough. My shield depletes after being shot about 3 times, mind you the enemies come in packs. My shield is at +3, health and salt are +1
---
#8nubs222Posted 4/29/2013 12:48:42 PM
Um, maps? People want maps in a Bioshock game? What, people don't like exploring and don't know how to move in a striaght line to their next objective?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#9yumekoPosted 4/29/2013 12:50:39 PM
Maybe you're not finding all the health/shield/salts upgrades? It would also explain your burning through salt/health gripe.
---
[[Proud Member of the Three Yusketeers!]]
"you can press X to baptize them or B to drown them so they can better appreciate air." -LuckyLuke2346
#10MindGamingManti(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 12:53:51 PM
nubs222 posted...
Um, maps? People want maps in a Bioshock game? What, people don't like exploring and don't know how to move in a striaght line to their next objective?

I guess you never played the original? Besides, of all of my gripes listed, that was the nitpicking one.
---