Anyone find out how to fix the glitched first chest? *minor spoilers*

#1o___OkamiPosted 4/30/2013 9:55:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPjMH1qBLqs

I've tried reloading my last checkpoint and trying again 4 times now but the building is always glitched.
---
They called you exotic. Which is just people talk for awesome. Which you are.
#2The-World-SevenPosted 4/30/2013 10:48:36 PM
wow, never happened to me before (xbox360 on easy & 1999).

Lutece particles OP, pls nerf
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
#3the_rowanPosted 4/30/2013 11:28:03 PM(edited)
This happens in every version. The chest becomes impossible to get after getting Murder of Crows (or possibly just triggering/winning that fight). Yes, you literally have a two- or three-room window to get it.

The rest of everything was just a standard out of bounds glitch. The ceiling of that room is solid so that when you shoot it from below your bullets will impact it; this has the side effect of letting you walk on the top of it where it has no texture. Your bullets aren't hitting the floor below because they're hitting the plane you're walking on. The game does have a bunch of glitches like this if you try any platforming. (I managed to get stuck and unable to move by climbing the stack of crates next to the machine with Possession Aid back at the lottery.)
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#4o___Okami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 11:49:35 PM
Did you watch the video?

He does not get Murder of Crows before he tries to go back to the chest (nor did I waste my time getting MoCs the 4 times I've tried to get to the chest).
---
They called you exotic. Which is just people talk for awesome. Which you are.
#5TarentulaPosted 5/2/2013 9:33:20 AM
Wow I've never seen this before. That's really annoying especially if you're trying to get achievements.

I'd reload save/chapter from before.

Nice name btw.
#6007sarodimPosted 5/4/2013 1:32:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7JimiMorrison187Posted 5/4/2013 1:58:33 PM(edited)
I figured out that if you go into the building where the chest is before you go get the key the building always ends up in that glitched state. If you stay out of it, then it will stay there. I mean...you just walk on the roof and ignore the inside of the building entirely when you first get to it.

Problem is that the checkpoint is already set with it glitched by the time you notice it if you explored the building already. Restarting at an early checkpoint you can redo this and get it to not glitch, BUT....

You CAN get in there if it is glitched, and I have, but it took me about 5 restarts to get it to work. If you hang from the hook sometimes, and for very short time frame the landing target will show on the balcony so you can jump into the house even if it isn't set up right. I saw the target pop up once very quickly when I went back the first time and couldn't get it to show up again so I had to restart. IT wouldn't every time either. I had to keep trying and spamming the jump key until eventually it let me jump in there.
---
Because F*** You is why
#8G-ZissPosted 5/4/2013 1:37:20 PM
I experienced this same glitch in my 2nd playthrough trying to collect every collectible. Tried restarting at the last checkpoint and it still happened. Haven't played since.

I'm thinking of trying again, but this video makes me hesitant.
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 5/4/2013 2:03:16 PM(edited)
Just go to the chapter save before that building. STAY OUT of that building until you get the key. IF you do not go in there (ie. jump in through the sky lights/windows on the roof), the building will not be glitched when you come back. You just can't get it to go back if you got to the checkpoint after that part so you need to avoid it the first time.

Like I said above you though, you CAN still get in there, but it is very tedious and will require a few restarts most likely.

I'm quite positive I am right about these two methods of either avoiding it the first time, or how to get in after you glitch. Let me know if they work for you so I know if I am right. I tested this both ways a couple times by reloading the save before it as well as in the glitched state so I'm quite sure this is how to do it for now.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/MiguelCabreraMinnesotaTwinsvDetroitTigerso9mXenEbR9dl.jpg
#10ROBANN_88Posted 5/4/2013 6:44:33 PM
I figured out that if you go into the building where the chest is before you go get the key the building always ends up in that glitched state. If you stay out of it, then it will stay there. I mean...you just walk on the roof and ignore the inside of the building entirely when you first get to it.

i went in to the building before getting the key several times, never happened to me
---
http://i.imgur.com/mScsN.jpg