Autosave not working

#1Stupid Pirate GuyPosted 5/4/2013 2:09:20 PM
Just started the game a couple of days ago. Twice now I've had to redo large chunks of the game because it didnt autosave. I'll quit out and when I restart I am back at where I started the last time I played.

Is there a fix for this or is there a method to manually save that I haven't noticed?
---
Guybrush is my homeboy.
#2FrogEyezPosted 5/4/2013 3:39:59 PM
Problem Cause: If you are not connected to Xbox Live or you where having connection problems while playing your AUTOSAVE file is likely not dated correctly. For some reason the newer (maybe older) version of Xbox resets your system clock to NOVEMBER 22, 2005 when it doesn’t have an internet connection sometimes. The game will always load the most recent version of the AUTOSAVE file.

Example: If you were playing the game when your system clock was correct and connected to the internet it saved the file 04/01/2013 12:00AM in the System->Storage folder. Now you restart the Xbox at 12:01 AM and lose your internet connection prior to the restart now your Xbox. The Xbox now thinks it is 11/22/2005 12:00 AM. The game will load the 04/01/2013 12:00 AM since it is the most recent of the files in that folder, but it will save any new progress as 11/22/2005 12:00 AM.

Solution: Go to the System->Storage folder and click on the drive you store your game files on (most likely the hard drive). Start browsing the files and look for a file that has the latest time stamp from 11/22/2005. You then click on that and copy to a memory card or to the cloud. Start the game up and when it asks you what profile to use select the one that has the copied 11/22/2005 file. Then go to continue game and cheer for joy. YOU ARE NOT DONE YET THOUGH. Find an auto save location and since your system clock is correct because you are connected to the internet it will save a new file to whatever memory unit you logged into as the most recent date. Now go back to the System->Storage folder and copy that new file to the drive you wish it to be on.
ON-ON

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605052-bioshock-infinite/65892498
---
GT - JeDDyD
...but can you shoot fingers from your tips and demand meat eating crows down on people?
#3crazybotPosted 5/5/2013 7:34:15 AM
I was having the same issue. I have the old arcade unit offline. Make sure the right date and time are set correctly for your 360. Mine resets to the date and time the previous poster stated if I unplug my 360. Stays correct if it's always plugged in. Either way, make sure date and time are correct before play...
#4emperormarkusPosted 5/5/2013 4:57:20 PM
I had the same problem! Had to replay 2/3's of the game at least twice! Damn clock reset!