voxophone achievement question

#1W_RPosted 5/6/2013 9:50:33 PM
When using chapter select to pick up the missing voxophones, when you pickup one that you missed, do you have to play until the next autosave point for it to "take" or can you quit as soon as you pick it up and proceed to another chapter select to get the next voxophone you missed?
#2DonMaenhautPosted 5/7/2013 12:56:49 AM
It's registered as soon as you pick it up!
#3W_R(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:40:14 PM
And saved to the profile? (even before an autosave?)
#4DonMaenhautPosted 5/8/2013 2:25:19 AM
I guess so, I mean, I got the achievement right after picking up the last one, not after saving.
#5bobbychezPosted 5/8/2013 7:27:33 AM
So I had one I know I picked up by reloading a previous chapter, but had to go back and pick up a second time so to be safe, I would say play until the autosave point. To make things easier on you, you can adjust the difficulty to something easier once you load the chapter.
#6W_R(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 1:40:51 PM
DonMaenhaut posted...
I guess so, I mean, I got the achievement right after picking up the last one, not after saving.

Thanks DonMaenhunt. I'm sure the achievement pops as soon as you get the last one because it checks everytime if you're at 80, even if it hasn't save it to the profile yet. It's just when you're not at 80 yet and you quit before an autosave, if you lose that progress I'm wondering about

Thanks bobbychez. It sounds like it does not save it, which is what I suspected. Hmm, good point about switching to easy. I didn't even think of that.
#7Kitty_StriderPosted 5/8/2013 11:55:47 PM
I was a little confused by this too when I went to chapter select, I went back and realized we're not allowed to keep the stuff we find throughout the game so I wondered if it took an effect on achievement progress.
---
~ I come before you to stand behind you, to tell you a story I know nothing about. ~
#8W_R(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 1:51:43 PM(edited)
Kitty_Strider posted...
I was a little confused by this too when I went to chapter select, I went back and realized we're not allowed to keep the stuff we find throughout the game so I wondered if it took an effect on achievement progress.

The list you can look at in-game only shows the ones you had found up to the "bookmark" for that chapter, however there is apparently a separate list under the hood that counts everything you've gotten on any playthrough, including any through chapter select. That's the list the achievement keys off of.
#9Kitty_StriderPosted 5/9/2013 2:30:30 PM
W_R posted...
Kitty_Strider posted...

The list you can look at in-game only shows the ones you had found up to the "bookmark" for that chapter, however there is apparently a separate list under the hood that counts everything you've gotten on any playthrough, including any through chapter select. That's the list the achievement keys off of.

Oh ok! I get it now. Thanks for the info, I appreciate that!
---
~ I come before you to stand behind you, to tell you a story I know nothing about. ~