If I completed the game on 1999 difficulty..

#1m100t1sPosted 6/5/2013 12:27:32 AM
I'll get both of 1999 and Hard mode achievements, right?

oh and do you really need to use the Dollar Bill? Because there's a a achievement for finishing 1999 without using it.
---
Xbox go home, you're drunk.
#2TheodenPosted 6/5/2013 1:23:48 AM
I'll get both of 1999 and Hard mode achievements, right?
Aye.

oh and do you really need to use the Dollar Bill? Because there's a a achievement for finishing 1999 without using it.
No.

1999's not so hard. For me, the hardest part was the very beginning, before you get the shield.
---
#3Terminal OmegaPosted 6/6/2013 2:56:43 PM
The hardest parts of 1999 mode will be the very beginning and the 3-part boss encounter in Downtown Emporia. The rest isn't that bad as long as you are patient/deliberate with how you approach encounters.
---
GT: Drunken Deity
#4Guirec730Posted 6/7/2013 9:04:37 AM
No bosses are hard with maxed out charge and the right outfits.

The very end is giving me some trouble, though.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#5xXBladeWolfXxPosted 6/7/2013 10:24:26 PM
Exactly what the above posters said. Nothing 1999 mode throws at you is too terrible.

But the very beginning sucks because you only get a pistol and do not have a shield, the middle of the game has a boss that is annoying as all get out on normal (much less 1999 mode), and the very ending can be infuriating. Other than that though, a cautious play style will get you through most of the game without too much difficulty.

I recommend playing it on normal or hard first though so you can get an idea of what to expect and what you want to upgrade because you have to put yourself on a tight budget for 1999 mode.
---
"Wow, it went from a fairly innocent topic to bestiality in less than ten posts. That must be a record." ~Incendius
#6Static HamsterPosted 6/7/2013 10:34:38 PM
There is are winning and simple strategies for every situation that even makes 1999 mode Easy.

1. Burning Halo, Blood to Salts, Overkill, Brittle-Skinned + Fully Upgraded Charge Vigor...it beats everything; easily.

2. Return to Sender traps on the Core; all around the Core. After those are up the final battle becomes a cakewalk.
---
I am nothing but a figment of my own imagination.