What is your favorite Bioshock game.....?

#1Gohan9221Posted 6/19/2013 5:47:51 AM
And why is it your favorite ?
#2SonnenstarkPosted 6/19/2013 8:19:13 AM
It's a close call between Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 for me, Infinite lost my enthusiasm after the first tear jump. Bioshock 1 has the best story and the most charismatic antagonist of any in the series, while Bioshock 2 has the most thrilling gameplay and doesn't slouch in the story department, either. However, by only a fraction of the skin of it's teeth I'd go with...

Bioshock 2

(Series SPOILERS)Btw, has anyone else noticed that every Bioshock installment features fratricide? Jack killed Andrew Ryan, Eleanor kills Delta with different overtones depending on the ending, and Elizabeth drowning Booker?
---
And if God had wanted man to have fair trials he would have given them Pentium processors instead of prejudices.~Lenny Briscoe
#3legolas95Posted 6/19/2013 10:12:47 AM
BioShock Infinite. Mainly for the story and characters though
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#4_Shuyin_Posted 6/19/2013 10:52:16 PM
Sonnenstark posted...
It's a close call between Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 for me, Infinite lost my enthusiasm after the first tear jump. Bioshock 1 has the best story and the most charismatic antagonist of any in the series, while Bioshock 2 has the most thrilling gameplay and doesn't slouch in the story department, either. However, by only a fraction of the skin of it's teeth I'd go with...

Bioshock 2

(Series SPOILERS)Btw, has anyone else noticed that every Bioshock installment features fratricide? Jack killed Andrew Ryan, Eleanor kills Delta with different overtones depending on the ending, and Elizabeth drowning Booker?

SPOILERS
`
`
`
`
Eleanor didn't kill Delta. He began dying as soon as Lamb severed Delta's bond with Eleanor. All Eleanor does is choose whether or not to harvest his ADAM, so that her daddy could "be with her" forever.
---
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but did not see it. I had time, but did not know it. And I had love, but did not feel it."
~ Ezio Auditore
#5SonnenstarkPosted 6/19/2013 11:10:10 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...
Sonnenstark posted...

Bioshock 2

SPOILERS
`
`
`
`
Eleanor didn't kill Delta. He began dying as soon as Lamb severed Delta's bond with Eleanor. All Eleanor does is choose whether or not to harvest his ADAM, so that her daddy could "be with her" forever.
This hypothetical situation has been argued in legal contexts; If a guy is falling to his certain death from the top of a building, and while he's passing your window you shoot him dead, it's still murder. Even if he was on his last legs, she still sucked his life out of his living body.
---
And if God had wanted man to have fair trials he would have given them Pentium processors instead of prejudices.~Lenny Briscoe
#6Dark_EpathyPosted 6/20/2013 11:01:34 AM
BioShock 2. I really bought into it as an addendum to the first game--a sort of extended epilogue about what became of Rapture. It completely engrossed me the whole way through.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#7duericPosted 6/21/2013 2:06:32 PM
The first by far. Infinite was good, but not AS good. Which frankly, was a tall order to begin with.

2 never did anything for me. I think I may have put less than 10 hours into it before getting bored.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8thermopylaePosted 6/21/2013 2:59:49 PM
Bioshock 1. I just don't like heights as much.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#9Joezilla1995Posted 6/21/2013 4:14:56 PM
1st bioshock by far
---
A hero need not speak, when he is gone, the world will speak for him.
#10TheJester2Posted 6/22/2013 6:04:40 AM
The first Bioshock. The atmosphere and art style are amazing, and the story/characters are more interesting overall. I loved the dynamic of Ryan vs Fontaine, and I loved how it felt like Rapture was a real city who failed not because it was destined to (like Columbia), but because it succumbed to the weakness and flaws of the people living there (including Ryan himself).

That being said, Columbia is a very close 2nd almost entirely because of the music, visuals, and Elizabeth. The covers of modern songs are brilliant (and are even woven into the story itself), some of the scenes are 10x more powerful than anything in Bioshock (the opening ascension to Columbia and the halls leading up to your baptism being #1), and Elizabeth is both interesting AND useful (a first for AI partners I believe).

The funny thing, it's actually kind of hard to compare them. As Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation put it (I'm paraphrasing), "In Bioshock you are late to the party and have to figure out what happened, in Infinite you ARE the party." Bioshock is an Ayn Rand survival horror game. Infinite is a swash buckling adventure game.
---
"We were going to a funeral, but it looks like we got buried." -J.R. Smith
PSN: Whsguy