I really wish they didn't try to link both games. SPOILERS through bas2

#1flipmode_1Posted 4/11/2014 4:42:22 PM
I mean on one hand it was cool to see all the new backstory for bioshock 1 and like how it all went down and where but at the same time it all really felt forced, especially the suchong death scene and the plane crash. What do you guys think?
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk 3DS-4382-1981-6727
#2flipmode_1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 4:43:21 PM
Also I was fine with in infinite how it seemed like all they did was look through tears to get ideas. Wish it was just left at that.
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk 3DS-4382-1981-6727
#3HeaziePosted 4/15/2014 12:12:45 PM
Half of me feels the same way you do, the other half loves the way it turned out.

Since this is how it all ends, I'll just be happy no matter what.
---
XBL: Zombie Heazie <()-------()> 3DS/Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4725 - 7948 - 6637
http://www.youtube.com/user/Heazie
#4DarquePosted 4/21/2014 1:38:46 AM
At first I was excited, because I liked the idea of the two games (in fact any Bioshock game made or to be made) being linked.... by the end of the second episode I found myself wishing the DLC hadn't been made.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#5rdh80Posted 4/21/2014 10:49:09 PM
^I feel the exact same way. I find myself wishing the games were even more separate- to the point where Fink and other such people weren't looking through the Tears to get ideas from Rapture. I felt like deliberately saying Fink got the idea of Songbird from the Big Daddy just sort of cheapens the whole experience in that it means that Bioshock Infinite cannot fully stand on its own, it has to be talked about in relation to Bioshock. The DLC made this even more apparent and it made clear to me that Bioshock's story was already finished without having to connect it to Infinite. I wish the DLC had been more self-contained within the world of Infinite/Columbia rather than a revisit to Rapture.
---
"I avoided the major arteries. He'll probably live." - Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
#6DarquePosted 4/22/2014 12:37:59 AM
I didn't really have a problem with linking the games. I hated the fact they reduced Elizabeth to a Deus ex machina (and poorly constructed at that) to make sure Bioshock happened.

I mean... W-T-F O_o

They more or less crapped all over 2 excellent games.

The more I think about this, the more I feel BAS1/2 was Levine's way of giving fans and whoever has the license the finger.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#7JusticeBeaverPosted 4/24/2014 7:28:52 PM
The idea of them being linked wasn't bad, it was just executed poorly.
#8pothocketPosted 4/26/2014 12:54:45 PM
Bioshock Infinite sets up the DLC for literally infinite possibilities. So what do they do? They revisit the same exact city from the first two games...
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif
#9NintendoMasterPosted 4/29/2014 5:34:22 PM
I thought how they linked the two games together was clever, but I was disappointed at least one of the DLC'S wasn't dedicated to answering questions from Infinite, or at least traveling back to Columbia for a while. Sure, you go to Columbia in BAS2, for a whopping 15 minutes or so, then back to Rapture.

All in all I love the Bioshock series. Hell, even Bioshock 2 is alright in my book, but the DLC's were very "meh."
#10Kagami84Posted 4/30/2014 5:29:02 AM
NintendoMaster posted...
I thought how they linked the two games together was clever, but I was disappointed at least one of the DLC'S wasn't dedicated to answering questions from Infinite, or at least traveling back to Columbia for a while. Sure, you go to Columbia in BAS2, for a whopping 15 minutes or so, then back to Rapture.

All in all I love the Bioshock series. Hell, even Bioshock 2 is alright in my book, but the DLC's were very "meh."

I'm curious. What questions from infinite weren't answered?