The Ending is Beyond Terrible I am SO dissapointed :( *spoilers*

#1XGP15A226Posted 3/30/2013 1:39:11 PM
Booker is Comstock.

Seriously

What a cop out, SO cheap, SO SO SO lazy and terrible and it is made ever WORSE because they have ALL of these little hints that build up to...what...that...THAT!!!?? I mean...and you are all impress by this!!!?? It is one of the oldest and worst chiche's out there!

A man has to kill himself to save X....have you seen LOOPER for god's sake!

I can't get over it!!

I expected univeral rage here. ME3 gets heat for it's ending, but not this rage inducing mess!!
#2SharperKnivesPosted 3/30/2013 1:42:05 PM
oh man im gettin my popcorn
---
People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.
#3jakisthePosted 3/30/2013 1:42:58 PM
I found it weird that broke Booker gave away his daughter. What?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#4dxb020100Posted 3/30/2013 1:43:55 PM
SharperKnives posted...
oh man im gettin my popcorn

Coincidentally, I actually have popcorn in front of me as I type this. I guess I'll join in on this fun too.
#5NineteenHundredPosted 3/30/2013 1:46:13 PM
-_-

Tropes and even cliches are not inherently bad. Yes, we've seen the twist before, but here it's used in service of the overall theme of the narrative. One of making choices, and dealing with the consequences of that choice. And it's done exceptionally well. It's not a twist used for the sole purpose of shocking people, it's used to make people explore an idea.
---
Yes, I am probably making fun of you.
#6dxb020100Posted 3/30/2013 1:49:44 PM(edited)
And this is considerably different than Looper in that maybe .1% of people saw this ending coming. Half of my enjoyment with the ending came from my shock and having to pick my jaw off the floor.
#7XGP15A226(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:51:24 PM
also

This is also the plot of, again, a sliders episode, a dr who episode, MGS4 does this sort of thing, actully, 12 monkies does this almost to the tee

OMFG Red is REALLY BLUE!!! Look at all the little blue dots the entire time THAT is what they where buildin up to!!! Does that not churn anyones gut? Does that not insult you?

All that, and I saw it coming around dat 2nd airship bit, too cool and thought, naaah. And then...THEN...they did it, they gave me and you and everyone the giant middle finger.

Again, a RECENT movie JUST used this plot.
#8mrcivic88Posted 3/30/2013 1:51:45 PM
This game was in development and the script most likely finished before Looper was released. Not really anything you can do about that.
#9XGP15A226(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:53:03 PM
NineteenHundred posted...
-_-

Tropes and even cliches are not inherently bad. Yes, we've seen the twist before, but here it's used in service of the overall theme of the narrative. One of making choices, and dealing with the consequences of that choice. And it's done exceptionally well. It's not a twist used for the sole purpose of shocking people, it's used to make people explore an idea.

Well said and correct, but it does not. It exists as flat as it is. And yes, just like MGS4 it sets it up well, but in the end the meal is a plate of garlic spinich, no matter how pretty it looks.
#10XGP15A226(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:54:09 PM
mrcivic88 posted...
This game was in development and the script most likely finished before Looper was released. Not really anything you can do about that.

What about Sliders and 12 Monkies and Dr. Who? This is NOT new.