Do I need to play Bioshock 2...

#1LokiHero2Posted 3/30/2013 5:36:13 PM
To understand and enjoy the story for this game? Or are they completely unrelated?

I beat Bioshock 1 but only got about halfway through Bioshock 2 before I lost my save file.
#2Rpg AddictPosted 3/30/2013 5:40:26 PM
Absolutely not. You really don't even need to play through the first one to understand this game, either.
---
Space for rent.
#3LokusasuPosted 3/30/2013 5:40:32 PM
No not really. You will have a few more "theories" about the ending if you do but nothing major.
#4Dave_is_my_namePosted 3/30/2013 6:20:02 PM
Bioshock 2 has absolutely nothing to do with the franchise.

It is simply a quick dirty cash in job by 2K Games with no intellegnt thought or meaning to the overall Bioshock narrative.

It adds nothing but money to line the pockets of 2K Games.
#5XDestronPosted 3/30/2013 6:22:38 PM
Tell us how you really feel, Dave.
---
Now playing- TF2 (PC), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
#6Dave_is_my_namePosted 3/30/2013 6:24:25 PM
XDestron posted...
Tell us how you really feel, Dave.

I feel as though Bioshock 2 was horrible and the release of Infiite only proved just how souless that game was.
#7marceloxlrPosted 3/30/2013 6:25:04 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
Bioshock 2 has absolutely nothing to do with the franchise.

It is simply a quick dirty cash in job by 2K Games with no intellegnt thought or meaning to the overall Bioshock narrative.

It adds nothing but money to line the pockets of 2K Games.

It added a better gameplay and a different story, one that looks on the psychological side of the characters and the bonds with each other. It wasn't bad.
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Lea(Axel)
#8Kungfu KenobiPosted 3/30/2013 6:27:25 PM
I feel as though Bioshock 2 was horrible and the release of Infiite only proved just how souless that game was.

I feel that Infinite was so poorly conceived that it made Bioshock 2 look like the best in the series.
---
Check out www.axemurderingworms.com . And remember kids: Sound isn't music, Books aren't stories, This is not a pipe, and The medium is the message.
#9Dave_is_my_namePosted 3/30/2013 6:29:43 PM
Kungfu Kenobi posted...

I feel that Infinite was so poorly conceived that it made Bioshock 2 look like the best in the series.

I'm glad you like games that are soley created as a finacal incentive instead of passion.
#10marceloxlrPosted 3/30/2013 6:36:58 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
Kungfu Kenobi posted...

I'm glad you like games that are soley created as a finacal incentive instead of passion.

Why do you think that? The game wasn't bad, the gameplay was the great, the art style and music were well made and the story was good...not bioshock 1 good, but still good.
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Lea(Axel)