He doesn't row? *end spoilers*

#1wild09Posted 3/30/2013 8:15:04 PM
This is probably a little random after beating such a confusing game with such a confusing ending but I've been curious since the opening cut scene conversation where the Lutece twins are rowing the boat and they say something along the lines of:

"But there's no point in asking."
"Why not."
"Because he doesn't row."
"He doesn't ROW?
"No. He DOESN'T row."
"Ah. I see what you mean.

What exactly are they talking about? I figured I'd understand once I beat the game but it makes just as little sense to me as it did before. Anyone know what they're talking about when they say he doesn't row?
---
Awesome games I've never finished: Vampire:
The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Black Sigil, Nier (all endings besides A)
#2_Killzor_Posted 3/30/2013 8:17:25 PM
Its sorta like how they hint throughout the game that this has all happened before and Booker is on a set course. In parallel universes and the past he has never rown, the coin always landed on heads, stuff like that.
#3ThomThistlePosted 3/30/2013 8:17:29 PM
It was a hint at how they view time. He (Robert Lutece) knew that in every universe Booker would never help row the boat. It's not really important.
#4wild09(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:19:02 PM
Ah I get it thanks a lot. I actually thought of that theory as I was writing this but for some reason it made a lot more sense when someone else said it. Go figure.
---
#5wild09(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:20:38 PM
While I'm here I might as well ask, are the twins the same person from different universes? Just a bit curious.
---
#6mrcivic88Posted 3/30/2013 8:23:10 PM
While I'm here I might as well ask, are the twins the same person from different universes? Just a bit curious.

The female Lutece is "the" Lutece from Comstock's reality while the male Lutece is "the" Lutece from Booker's reality.

The male Lutece was brought into Comstock's reality by the female, and both were subsequently murdered by Comstock when they refused to keep his secret about Elizabeth not being Lady Comstock's biological daughter.
#7NemeksisPosted 3/30/2013 8:24:12 PM
Robert mention how it's silly to go through a experiment that has failed before. That suggests the possibility of the whole thing being an infinite loop and that Booker and Elizabeth failed at the end of the game by creating a paradox.
#8wild09(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:28:21 PM
mrcivic88 posted...

The female Lutece is "the" Lutece from Comstock's reality while the male Lutece is "the" Lutece from Booker's reality.

The male Lutece was brought into Comstock's reality by the female, and both were subsequently murdered by Comstock when they refused to keep his secret about Elizabeth not being Lady Comstock's biological daughter.

How insightful. Thanks for the extra info. I gotta replay this game again cause there's a ton of stuff that probably flew over my head and, well, the rest I don't get at all.
---
#9electro57Posted 3/30/2013 11:03:59 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/28/understanding-bioshock-infinites-ending-ending-explanation/

This link will explain the entire story. Best explanation I have seen yet.
---
I once killed a bunny in Skyrim. It was an emotional moment.
#10MidgardDragon99Posted 3/31/2013 2:31:26 AM
He doens't row. He never rows. Just like the coin is always heads.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon