Awesome star wars reference (spoilers)

#1dragobkcorPosted 3/31/2013 8:23:56 AM
I just did a search for "star wars" on all three of the message boards and I haven't seen any one mention this so I thought it was worth making a topic for. In the scene when Elizabeth opens her first tear, the one in Paris (I think) in the 80s with Tears for Fears' song playing? Well there's a movie theater in the background and on it's sign you can clearly see the title "Revenge of the Jedi" in French on it. Revenge was the title for Return of the Jedi for a period of time but Lucas changed it, I guess that was a universe where it never got changed. Also another fun little tidbit is that almost immediately after that scene you can hear Booker say "This job is getting worse all the time", possibly a reference to Lando's famous "This deal is getting worse all the time" line from Empire.

Also on a slightly less awesome (but still interesting) note the music played, the fair music, in the background of Battleship Bay is to the tune of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun". I noticed both of these things within 15 minutes of each other on my second time through the game. The first time I played as if I was Booker, a man with a mission and little time to explore. Now I'm taking sooooo much more time and I'm picking up on so much more, this game is incredible.
---
*pees on topic*
#2DarkSaber2kPosted 3/31/2013 8:26:37 AM
dragobkcor posted...
Also on a slightly less awesome (but still interesting) note the music played, the fair music, in the background of Battleship Bay is to the tune of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun". I noticed both of these things within 15 minutes of each other on my second time through the game. The first time I played as if I was Booker, a man with a mission and little time to explore. Now I'm taking sooooo much more time and I'm picking up on so much more, this game is incredible.

I noticed this part too! Made me smile, it was a nice touch that suited the storyline at that moment.
#3SythisTaruPosted 3/31/2013 8:31:53 AM
This was in the e3 video and "Revenge of the Jedi" was in English on it and not French, so I think a lot of people had seen it beforehand.
#4dragobkcor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 8:44:20 AM
Exactly! Elizabeth was so happy to be finally be free, the music was very appropriate. Makes me wish she didn't have to go through all the crap she does go through shortly after that.
---
*pees on topic*
#5Ssj7CronoPosted 3/31/2013 9:49:52 AM
I caught the Star Wars reference too. I wonder how many people also noticed it.
#6Oneiros1Posted 3/31/2013 9:51:01 AM
Here's all the "easter egg" music in the game: http://kotaku.com/here-are-all-of-bioshock-infinites-secret-musical-cove-461865411