My People just wont get educated.

#1naitrinoPosted 9/23/2011 9:08:47 AM
Why do my stupid people dont go to get educated at high school and college??

I remember on tropico 3 when i was makin few jobs that needed educated workers everyone was goin to learn fast..

Here i had 60 slots of education needed people 30 unemployed and just 4 people learing in high school.

And for some reason didnt even finish the education.

I did set high salaries and still they prefer to get payed 5 $ ....

Any ideas? its very annoying
#2cwjakesteelPosted 9/24/2011 7:32:26 AM
Because there are not enough jobs for educated people?

I had 2 of each type of school (gradeschool highschool college, and 1 academy of sciences) but 60% of my population was still uneducated. Quite frankly. I don't think any highschooled person will work on a farm, and I need people to work on my farms.

Once a tropican gets educated, he will always move up to get a job for his education level, or else, what's the point? There aren't much jobs that require a college education.

Uneducated jobs:

Tourism, farming, entertainment buildings

Highschool jobs:

Factories, soldiers, government buildings (except the palace of course...I think...)

College jobgs:

Newspaper, radio and TV station for women, academy of sciences for men, SIX government jobs...what else is there?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#3MagusBPosted 9/24/2011 10:58:10 AM
Banks, colleges, ruins...these also requite college level
---
Smile...tomorrow will be worse
Official Economist of LUE {Semi-retired}
#4MagusBPosted 9/24/2011 10:58:28 AM
Powerplants I believe too...
---
Smile...tomorrow will be worse
Official Economist of LUE {Semi-retired}
#5cwjakesteelPosted 9/25/2011 1:00:58 PM
Thanks for completing the list. But the uneducated jobs far outnumber the college ones. If only people would get a college degree in agriculture. Then farming would be even more efficient.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#6ZenstrivePosted 9/26/2011 6:52:15 PM

You know, industries are mainly highschool level, and you can IMPORT things. So, keep your funds green, educate your men, and build and industrious tropical Island!

#7cwjakesteelPosted 9/27/2011 4:21:31 PM
Yes I can import things but its' better to be self sufficient. I mean, why import when I can give the jobs to my people?
---
#8SneakykillaPosted 9/28/2011 4:09:29 PM
My two cents. Start them young, then they will for sure go to HS because if they already have jobs, they won't quit it just to go to school as it takes awhile before they graduate, unless of course you also decide to pay students 2/3 of their wages through the edict.
---
http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5641901
#9iIIuminatiPosted 10/5/2011 12:58:26 PM
Also make sure the pay is worth it.
Why would someone go to college if they make just as much or a few dollars less than a highschool or college graduate?
---
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
#10cwjakesteelPosted 10/5/2011 2:30:46 PM
Especially if the college pay is lower.
---