Why did Tali die in my suicide mission?

#1Klop_JobPosted 2/8/2011 8:04:08 AM
First off I need to point out with emphasis that Tali was LOYAL, I had ALL upgrades and she was levelled up to maximum.

Yet for the assignment where you have to select someone to go through the tubed ventilation tunnel to hack open the door, I selected Tali for the job, but she died in the cutscene where she meets up with Shepherd and the assault team at the door. I don't understand why she died? She was a Tech expert yes? which was the primary criteria needed for the task. On my first playthrough I selected Legion and he succeeded. Yet this time Tali dies? She is a Tech expert yes?
#2steepcirclePosted 2/8/2011 8:07:17 AM
Are you positive she was loyal? After you've done both Tali's and Legion's loyalty mission they have an argument like Miranda and Jack has. If you weren't able to pick one of the charm/intimidate options to resolve it, you lost one of their loyalties.
#3mongopikisPosted 2/8/2011 8:09:44 AM(edited)
Depends on who you select for your assault team.

if you don't select Miranda/Jacob/Garrus to lead strike team 1, the inexperienced leader WILL get your tech expert killed, however good they are at hacking the door.

The strike team leader never dies. Only the tech expert.
#4Klop_Job(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2011 8:10:03 AM
steepcircle

Yes I am absolutely positive that she was loyal ...and concerning that argument with Legion I already had my Renegade bar right at the top and resolved the argument by telling them to ''Knock it off'.
#5Klop_Job(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2011 8:10:55 AM
mongopikis

Thanks for the info. That explains it. I selected Zaeed as the assault team leader.
#6hyousaiPosted 2/8/2011 8:59:46 AM
Yeah, Zaeed's a great survivor, but every time he's put in charge of a group, he pretty much loses everyone.
---
It's a fact: kittens are the deadliest animals known to science.
Pokemon Pearl 5069 0639 4476
#7kaos420Posted 2/9/2011 7:00:58 AM
I never chose Zaeed as leader because if you listen to his stories he really never showed any type of leadership. But he is a great soldier.
---
"Let's face it Superman, the last time you really inspired anyone was when you were dead." - Batman
#8NeoTimeDevourerPosted 2/9/2011 7:13:39 AM
Use Garrus, Jacob or Miranda as squad leaders.
---
Yeah. Everything kills you. Literally. Everything. ~ AVGN
#9HclanPosted 2/9/2011 7:59:08 AM
Is it possible for everyone to survive?
---
SPARTANS WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!
GOTTA BE QUICK INIT!
#10Lord FaustPosted 2/9/2011 7:59:45 AM
If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a trophy for it.
---
Stop eating my sesame cake!