About saving your NPC crew + Legion's loyalty mission (SPOILERS)

#1ssk9716757Posted 7/22/2011 3:29:41 PM(edited)
Okay, so I understand that you have to go to the collector base straight after your crew gets kidnapped in order to save them all. However, you don't get Legion until the IFF mission, and the crew is kidnapped as soon as I activate the galaxy map, so it doesn't seem like I can do Legion's mission without losing any crew members. Is there a way around it?
---
"Girls are easy, just stop flaunting like a douchebag in front of your targets by calling them targets while spilling your entire agenda to a camera."
#2mightbedaGOATPosted 7/22/2011 4:38:41 PM
You should be able to complete two missions after getting the IFF before your crew gets kidnapped.
---
Queen City's Finest
PSN: illius_willius
#3Achernar135Posted 7/22/2011 4:40:08 PM
All you have to do is activate Legion before touching the galaxy map. The game will then delay the trigger until after you do the loyalty mission.
#4Shift BreakerPosted 7/22/2011 5:05:50 PM(edited)
In basic terms. Every mission you can (in/excluding LotSB) -> IFF Mission -> Activate Legion -> Legion Loyalty Mission -> Final Mission

You get time for two missions after the IFF, and the Legion loyalty mission counts. If you have nothing but the Legion mission after you talk to him, you do it and you move on. Otherwise it's two missions in total (Maybe assignments, I've not played enough to confirm. Give me some time, I'll check if only missions count, not assignments.)
---
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/9/Shift_Breaker.png
http://dlcquickplay.com/user/shift_breaker - My RB3/GH:WoR songs.
#5ssk9716757(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 6:13:57 PM(edited)
I had every mission and assignment besides the Legion loyalty quest completed before I got the IFF. I think the problem was that I touched the galaxy map before activating him. I'll try activating him beforehand, thanks for the help.
---
"Girls are easy, just stop flaunting like a douchebag in front of your targets by calling them targets while spilling your entire agenda to a camera."
#6PURE_DESSPosted 7/24/2011 7:52:33 AM

If you want to keep your entire crew alive in the suicide mission, you've got to do legions loyalty mission as soon as you've obtained the IFF. You should activate him ASAP, speak with him, then speak with him again and he'll talk about destroying the heretics. After you've beaten the loyalty mission, then your crew will be kidnapped.

#7MoggglePosted 7/25/2011 7:32:06 AM
PURE_DESS posted...
If you want to keep your entire crew alive in the suicide mission, you've got to do legions loyalty mission as soon as you've obtained the IFF. You should activate him ASAP, speak with him, then speak with him again and he'll talk about destroying the heretics. After you've beaten the loyalty mission, then your crew will be kidnapped.

but first let him do the robot i love that but also you can let your whole crew die on purpose i have 2 saves where half my crew is dead and only the good doctor is alive to see what happens in mass effect 3