Who among you probed the galaxy completely dry?

#1vicilPosted 4/19/2012 2:00:51 AM(edited)
So, I just completed my completionist run. Perfect Paragon, lots of people will live for War Assets in ME3. I scaned every planet, and did EVERY mission, got every upgrade, and all crew members survived the suicide mission. Even sexed Tali and Liara.

The only thing left to do, literally, is probe each planet to "Depleted." I had a little chuckle, and then I wondered... what if somebody actually did that? Who can make that claim to fame? Can you?
---
"Sometimes a man's fist needs to rest from punching things into oblivion, okay?"
-chrishu311
#2DestinPosted 4/19/2012 7:31:29 AM
i would shoot myself in the head first.
---
Destin the Valiant
#3najzerePosted 4/19/2012 8:10:53 AM
There is no more Element Zero left in my galaxy, but I couldn't bring myself to deplete every planet. I let all my other resources hover around 100,000 and refilled them if I spent them, but the eezo I sucked dry and ended up with about 170,000 at the end of the game.
#4wingheaven7Posted 4/19/2012 11:28:00 AM
I almost did this, but then realized that I was not going to need the close to 200,000 in each resource that I had, so I stopped. Also it seemed pointless toward most gas giants as they mostly only had moderate amounts of anything to begin with. I would say that most of the universe in my game, up until about the time I was able to recruit say, jack, was depleted. And I recruited in the order that they apeared in the emails.

Am I the only one that kind of misses this aspect of the game?
---
PSN: wingheaven7
#5najzerePosted 4/19/2012 11:31:51 AM(edited)
Didn't miss mining at all in ME3 if that's what you mean. I didn't like being chased by Reapers though and not having a percent complete on a cluster until finding something in ME3. But the mining was super boring.
#6GoatJugSoupPosted 4/19/2012 3:38:36 PM
Nah, I did go to every planet in the galaxy though. The mining from 2 I found quite boring, I much prefer the war asset search in 3, having to flee the reapers if you don't scan smartly was a nice touch I thought
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
Currently playing: Warriors Orochi 3 (while hoping the upcoming dlc fixes ME3s ending)
#7dargondarkfirePosted 4/19/2012 9:46:03 PM
GoatJugSoup posted...
Nah, I did go to every planet in the galaxy though. The mining from 2 I found quite boring, I much prefer the war asset search in 3, having to flee the reapers if you don't scan smartly was a nice touch I thought

what? O.o
#8zaltaborPosted 4/19/2012 10:17:36 PM
To be fair the whole "Escape the Reapers" is in my opinion more interesting than the mining. At least it keeps you on your toes and to be honest it is very easy to farm the War assets even with the Reapers around. I tend to find the Reapers usually appear because of the fuel wreckages but even then you can simply exit the cluster and then re-enter and quickly get it and then leave. Even if a reaper is next door to it then it's still easy to get as you simply leave the cluster on the opposite side of where the wreckage is and then re-enter and it should put you right by it or at the very least close.

In contrast the mining got very tedious after a while and I would have quit mining had it not be for scanning the planets for the side missions which to be fair was a nice touch. Now that I do miss in ME 3.
#9TheAlmightyPoePosted 4/20/2012 11:40:35 PM
mining was great on my first playthrough, had no gripes.

Hated it on my NG+
---
"RAWR! I'm a vicious aminal"
#10Teh_ChadzorPosted 4/21/2012 4:39:07 PM
I started to, but then got reeeaaally bored. And I can assure you, it is not at all worth the time. I quit with (give or take) Platinum at 300,000. Palladium at 350,000. Iridium at 360,000. And Eezo at 130,000. And you know what I was rewarded with? 25 points to my War Assets. You have been warned.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Teh_Chadzor
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite post in the message boards."