- Topic Archived
Add user to Ignore List after reporting
- Topic Archived
5 years ago#1
1. is the game currently in open beta? as in, will our current "characters" (you know what i mean) transfer over to the full release or will there be a wipe?
2. kind of off topic but is there a way to create a desktop shortcut to the actual game? this is my first time using GFWL and i hate having to start the program and manually launch the game afterwards.
(Topic Creator)5 years ago#2
3. Which factions are they going to add next and at what rate will they continue to add them? My favorite one during the AoE2 days was the japanese empire.
4. any hints/tips on how to learn hot keys? One in particular that i really want to know how to do is split my units into different groups and being able to select them with a single key. This may seem like a dumb question but its been sooooo long since i've played a RTS game.
5 years ago#3
1. All cities will be wiped before release.
2. Just browse the folder you installed to and create a desktop shortcut to the launcher.exe
3. The factions in this will be more akin to AoM than AoC. Don't expect a dozen factions because with the variable tech tree every factions is supposed to be cover 4-5 factions from AoC. Next up is Egypt, once their early quests are balanced. The game will most likely only launch with Greece and Egypt at first. A third factions is expected sometime soon after launch, but is not known as yet.
4. You can create a group of units out of your selected units by pressing crtl+0-9. So you can create 10 groups total afaik. Btw you can also group production facilities like barracks like this. To add new units to and existing group press shift+0-9. There's a hot key panel in the options for changing them.
(Topic Creator)5 years ago#4
thanks. but i noticed that besides a number above the actual squad nothing appears on the UI showing what groups are mapped to which number and what units they consist of, which is quite inconvient.
5 years ago#5
I guess it's standard practice to have the cities wipe before release, but I really wish they wouldn't. A lot of these low-level quests are definitely the RTS equivalent of grinding. I'm enjoying the game so far but the pacing is... different. Having to start from scratch again will definitely deter me from sticking around.
On a related note, is there an ETA for official release?
More ovaltine please!
5 years ago#6
From: Pdiddy105 | #004
Indeed, AoE2 was more convenient with a flag for each group at the top right.
From: ChineseChef | #005
Understandable. Personally I also pretty much stopped playing after hitting lv 40. I just log in about twice a week now, mainly to collect materials from workshops and to check whether there's been any announcements or new builds. Can't be bothered to farm for gear. Especially because there's no endgame content yet. You are stuck with the same ~10 or so repeatable quests from about level 30 onwards.
Regarding the release they are planning a 2011 release but no date has been announced. Personally I'd guess Q4.