Product Key

#1G r a y F 0 xPosted 8/16/2011 6:53:39 PM
When I try to sign into my Windows Live profile to play the game it says I need to enter a product key to connect to Live.

WHAT product key? Is there a key you get that isn't specific to a game but is just for connecting to live? Is there a way to get a key for this game specifically? I'm completely confused and just want to play my game...I have no idea why this is happening.
---
Ask a Japanese person to say peanut butter.
#2CaptainScrubbyPosted 8/16/2011 7:35:50 PM

G r a y F 0 x posted...
When I try to sign into my Windows Live profile to play the game it says I need to enter a product key to connect to Live.

WHAT product key? Is there a key you get that isn't specific to a game but is just for connecting to live? Is there a way to get a key for this game specifically? I'm completely confused and just want to play my game...I have no idea why this is happening.
---
Ask a Japanese person to say peanut butter.

It's a problem with Games For Windows Live, just log out and try restarting the game and logging in, hopefully you can bypass the error that way. I swear GFWL is crap and it will probably always be crap, no wonder so many companies dump it for better services.

#3MattSFfrdPosted 8/18/2011 4:27:39 AM
i'm getting the same issue, no matter how many times i restart it wants a product key
---
http://tigerbeatdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/lost-finale-jack.jpg http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/lazybg/425994.jpg
#4ashphoenix77Posted 8/18/2011 6:33:15 AM
i had that too..but i think i just ran the GAMe from the downloads tab from windows live first..now it works
---
Xbox 360 :Avendosorra
35 - Idol-- Account Created Monday, April 4, 2005 6:24 PM
#5Freak ShowPosted 8/18/2011 8:02:47 AM
You can get the key from the GFW client. hit home and search in games when you see AoE online download it and you should be in business.
---
"The reason i love the $ store is I don't have to get all dressed up like I'm going to Wal-Mart or something" - Trailer trash on the news
#6VisigothSaxonPosted 8/18/2011 11:19:58 AM

Are you sure you aren't typing in your password wrong? The one time I typed in my password wrong, it asked for a product key.

#7gmgoPosted 8/19/2011 4:17:31 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. I start the game and it asks me to login to Windows Live, but when I do Windows Live asks for the product serial key, which obviously I don't have neither was given one.
#8StLoonyPosted 8/19/2011 5:37:35 AM
Login to the separate windows live marketplace app. Find the AoE Online game and download it. Then the game will be tied to your account and it will not ask you for the key.

This issue is most likely only happening on people who have never use the windows live marketplace before.
#9DaReaperPosted 8/20/2011 8:58:39 AM
I created a gamertag at xbox.com which made the error disappear.
---
Religion is opium for the people - Karl Marx
#10Starsailor285Posted 8/20/2011 9:17:16 AM
Figured it out. This is what you need to do if you already have a Live account and password. If not, go to Live and create one.

When Age of Empires Online pops up after you double click the program, do not click Play, click Live, which is just under Marketplace.

On this page of the game enter your information, Live Account and Password, and it will load your profile onto the game. You should have no problem starting it up then.