Is This Fun?

#1CooperF4Posted 2/13/2011 6:16:59 PM
I understand that this game is geared towards a younger audience, but is there any fun to be had with it for an older crowd?

I loved Primal Rage as a kid, and although I'm not expecting a detailed fighter in the realm of that game or perhaps the Mortal Kombat games I like dinosaurs and this seemed like a harmless way to spend 15 bucks or so.

Has anyone tried it and what is your opinion of it?
#2KillDozer123Posted 2/15/2011 4:09:08 PM
I own it.

I think it's.....pretty decent. It's not the greatest fighting game out there....I think the difficulty is a bit abusive for a kids game, since the AI loves to wait for you to attack, quickly dodge, then attack you whilst you're vulnerable (and it'll almost never attack first, so getting a chance to do the reverse is rare). Also, as a big dinosaur fan, I am a bit put-off by the fact some of them are incorrectly portrayed and/or named....but that's just me being nit-picky.

On the other hand, I do like the game almost purely because its a game about dinosaurs beating the crap out of each other. What's not to like about that? Like I said, the AI can be cheap, but it certainly isn't glitchy, controls are fairly solid, everything moves fluently...and even though most of the dinosaurs fit around four models, their combos do differ somewhat.