Dynasty Demesne Questions

#1jesterx7769Posted 6/2/2012 1:02:35 PM
I did the tutorials and watched a few vids but I still have a question about how dynasty's work. I get that you don't play as one character...but you do, which is what makes it confusing. So my problem is when I give out land to lower my demesne it changes the color if I'm a duke and give out another duke title to lower my demesne even if its my son/brother. the land still says same dynasty but I'm no longer in control of that land and cant just claim it back, I have to go to war over it. So is my problem giving out duke titles when I am only a duke? Or is it okay to do as long as its in the same dynasty and they're my allies?
---
PSN: jesterx7769
#2WyldJasperPosted 6/2/2012 1:47:08 PM
So is my problem giving out duke titles when I am only a duke?

Pretty much. Dukes cannot rule other dukes. You'd have to be a King to give out a ducal title and keep it in your realm. By giving someone else a ducal title you're basically giving him a rank equal to yourself.

Or is it okay to do as long as its in the same dynasty and they're my allies?

Depends on how you want to play. But if you think the other Duke is going to be your friend forever you're wrong. Even if the other duke is of your dynasty and the current ruler likes you, it's no guarantee his son or grandson isn't an ambitious jerk with a dream of uniting the family lands in his name.

If you want to keep the ducal land in your personal realm you have to either keep the title or be a king.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with setting up your relatives with independent ducal titles, they might expand your dynasty on their own. I married my brother to a countess in scotland once and he ended up taking over the throne. Just know they will be autonomous fully.
---
Boston Red Sox: 21-20 (2nd Place, AL East, 3 games back)
Red Bull Racing: 148 pts, 1st place, Long Live King Sebastian!