Should I look more toward stats or traits when looking for a tutor?

#1WolfpackXPosted 8/2/2012 7:16:07 AM
nt
---
But officer, she walked into the knife... twenty seven times.
WoT Politics, Board 408: Arguing since 2001.
#2Lord_XiaPosted 8/2/2012 7:28:35 AM
With a tutor, it's all about traits, religion, and culture. The actual stat number isn't that important.
---
"Sigging yourself is the best way to make sure everyone knows how narcissistic you are." -Xiahou Dun
#3KentCavePosted 8/2/2012 5:27:11 PM
hmm I always sort by highest stat numbers.
Diplo and Martial preferred for most males. Then specific one intended as governors with Stewardship. Those unlucky ones not intended to breed with Learning.

Diplo and Intrigue for worthy females. Actually only Intrigue for females, but that too will not be important, as only the Dowager and Consort can be given Counsellor position.

Traits? I have experimented alot, yet has not seen the passing of traits (other than from both parents) but for the religion and culture..those two are VERY important and so easy to pass on..its dangerous not to take it seriously.
---
Ban This Troll below! Help us save GameFAQs from junk spam posting. Thanks.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=400&page=0
#4Ultima_RatioPosted 8/3/2012 1:37:43 AM
Honestly, if your leader has any decent stats/traits, you should probably just tutor at least your heir yourself for more control... too many times I've seen that the courtier with better stats decides it's not good for my heir to be ambitious and stuff like that.

For breeding councillors, just go with the one with the highest score in the appropriate stat and the right educational trait.
---
Never try to reason the prejudice out of a man. It was not reasoned into him, and cannot be reasoned out.
- Sydney Smith
#5KentCavePosted 8/3/2012 3:28:00 AM
Aye..with intended heirs.

But I am mostly with elective succession now. Too random to succesfully pass on to our rightful heir. So, I just goes with the flow.

But sometimes even my intended heir has nice stats and traits I am happy with..l will choose those with more politically correct connections.

My rightful intended heir might be a superman, but calming those greedy vassals has been tiring and I just put one of same dynasty with highest diplomacy or best connections to have peace of mind.

One heir might only take years or decades, yet this game runs for centuries. I have not completed 400 years run myself. So its just a tiny drop in an ocean. Rather plan long term.
---
Ban This Troll below! Help us save GameFAQs from junk spam posting. Thanks.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=400&page=0
#6ShyOxPosted 8/3/2012 10:20:45 AM
Traits are the most important, because a teacher cannot bequeath a higher rank of trait than the one they possess. My emperor has something like 17 stewardship but is the lowest trait rank, so anyone he teaches can't get a better version of his trait, from what I've seen, so I don't use him to teach unless he's top tier. Usually one of my sons develops something really good, either diplomat martial or stewardship, so I always get them to tutor anyone down the line.
---
(9:20)AdmiralPiett: Intensify firewall security!
(9:20)MoffJerjerrod: Too late!
#7PlanescapedPosted 8/4/2012 4:10:14 PM(edited)
One thing you definitely want to keep an eye out for is their profession.

I.E. brilliant strategist, elusive shadow, mastermind theologian, midas touched, gray eminence.

You can find someone with good traits/ stats but they will be a s*** teacher if they are a measly underhanded rogue or naive appeaser. Their profession is by far the most important thing you want to look for, even if someone else has better stats but a weaker profession.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes