How to improve Intrigue and other stats?

#1MuGGsLabPosted 11/6/2012 7:55:31 AM
I just started learning this game.
When I pick an ambition, say to improve intrigue, how do I actually improve it ?
Do I have to set a plot and assassinate someone?

Same goes to other stats that is offered as ambition..

Thanks in advance !
---
Gamespot justification for good games = Stunning visuals + moderate or poor gameplay + Stunning visuals + stunning visuals + stunning visuals
#2BiazPosted 11/6/2012 9:10:30 AM
when you have the ambition to improve a stat you get random events which can lead to a +1 or even +2 improvement of that stat.

stats can also be improved by many other random events which give you new traits or remove existing traits.
---
If you think you are good at something, there's an Asian on YouTube better than you.
#3MuGGsLab(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 9:17:12 AM
what about when I have a plot to kill someone ? Do I actually have to assassinate that person, or does the plot automatically does it?
---
Gamespot justification for good games = Stunning visuals + moderate or poor gameplay + Stunning visuals + stunning visuals + stunning visuals
#4BiazPosted 11/6/2012 11:59:38 AM
I only tried to kill someone through a plot once and nothing happened so I'm not sure, but I think it also triggers an event if your plot power is high enough. I guess it can eventually be safer and/or cheaper than a simple assassination.
---
If you think you are good at something, there's an Asian on YouTube better than you.
#5codysan87Posted 11/6/2012 12:42:39 PM
you get an event to kill them based on their rank the mean time is based on your plot power, Success is random chance based on various traits that raise or lower the chance, a plot assassination can take up to years to succeed. Your best bet is once you *see and oppurtunity* save your game the attempt will be made soon after if it fails reload and try again. And plot power over 150% seems to be useless.
---
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
- Genghis Khan
#6SeeroftheavatarPosted 11/7/2012 6:48:20 AM
For plots to kill people, the higher the plot power, the sooner and more likely it will be done.

If your plot is below 100% it can still work eventually, but you'll be stuck waiting for a long time, and another plot member is likely to ask for some money in order to finish arranging it.
---
#14 Michigan State Basketball 0-0 (0-0)
Michigan State Football 5-5 (2-4)