I am getting sick of these so called "entitled DnD players"

#1MrMonkhousePosted 5/4/2013 7:10:21 PM
All this yap in the chat about how the game sucks because it doesn't have the original DnD rules and it's more of an action game. Are these people really complaining about a F2P MMORPG? I was hoping maybe these kinds of people will leave after a few weeks, but I guess not.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hh0DAnf.jpg
#2DethaPosted 5/4/2013 7:27:14 PM
Well, an MMO is a big chance to become immersed in a world with a bunch of seemingly like-minded individuals. It's a chance to experience DnD, and Neverwinter as well, in a new way.

People are disappointed that the game has taken so many liberties with DnD and Forgotten Realms, expecting something hardcore and unlike most MMOs out there.

Instead it's something very different and dumbed down from D&D, and only a bit more interesting than a generic MMO.

Incredibly fun game, and I can understand their disappointment. I dislike the elitism that comes with it, but I haven't seen much around here. And, if I spent several hundreds of dollars on rulebooks, I'd probably be an elitist too.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#3OhGoodPosted 5/4/2013 7:28:43 PM
I don't think any of us think the game sucks. In fact the majority of D&D players will tell you it's a fun game. It just has very little to do with D&D besides the setting.

Removing the D&D name from the title would help alleviate the problem.

Most of us were just expecting a D&D game that falls in line with the established rule set and mechanics of the table top game. Instead we got an action RPG in a forgotten realms setting.

Does that make it a bad game? No, but it still shouldn't have been promoted as a game that follows the D&D ruleset.

I'm having a good amount of fun with it right now. Hopefully with time they'll flesh out some more D&D mechanics.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
#4WaffIeElitePosted 5/4/2013 8:30:38 PM
OhGood posted...
I don't think any of us think the game sucks. In fact the majority of D&D players will tell you it's a fun game. It just has very little to do with D&D besides the setting.

Removing the D&D name from the title would help alleviate the problem.

Most of us were just expecting a D&D game that falls in line with the established rule set and mechanics of the table top game. Instead we got an action RPG in a forgotten realms setting.

Does that make it a bad game? No, but it still shouldn't have been promoted as a game that follows the D&D ruleset.

I'm having a good amount of fun with it right now. Hopefully with time they'll flesh out some more D&D mechanics.

Pretty much this, it's only D&D in name. Given, it's a fun action game, and free, so there can't be complaints there. So far I'm more satisfied than Guild Wars 2 (We'll have to see about the endgame, that's always the dealbreaker), because the combat system is actually pretty good.

I would have loved to see it more strategy based and follow the rules more closely, but the game does have some of my big gripes in it:

- HP/Stat inflation goes so high, so quickly, without clear information on items
- No built-in organization system for bags (GW2 did this really well for crafting items)
- Lots of ingame currencies cluttering things up
- Fast travel, and a work that isn't seamless

Given, it's free, and it's good, so I can't complain too much.
#5ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/5/2013 8:00:25 AM
All this yap in the chat about how the game sucks because it doesn't have the original DnD rules and it's more of an action game. Are these people really complaining about a F2P MMORPG? I was hoping maybe these kinds of people will leave after a few weeks, but I guess not.

You're not entitled to get what you want. Stop whining and get over it.
#6Hi CPosted 5/9/2013 8:20:48 PM
IF rules = inaccurate THEN game =/= D&D. It's what defines the brand not the brands name. It's a bad cash shop asian grinder knock off with a known license tacked on to draw attention to it. Technically false advertising.

TSR would have yoinked the rights back in a heart beat if they still owned D&D and saw how crap like Dragonshard, Daggerdale, and Neverwinter were turning out.

I guess fans have given up all hope and stopped paying attention that anything decent will come out of the franchise with WotC whoring it out without a care. 15 years ago people were screaming for Biowares blood for pandering to the lowest common denominator and having the audacity to use real time combat.
---
You'll be my John G.