This game is doomed. Worst community of any mmo in history.

#1_____Juan_____Posted 5/17/2013 11:24:15 PM(edited)
A)no one, and i mean no one, knows how to dodge the red circles. no one.

B)EVERYONE rolls need on everything.

C)no one will listen when we say to deal with the adds as a top priority and to keep them off the healer and such. healer goes down fast every time.

D)completely and utterly broken as a game. clerics generate more threat than any class? guardians are worse tanks than companion pets(unless they're REALLY skilled players right now) because of their broken terrible threat generation? trickster rogues on a bad day do more damage than any other class on a good day with their eyes closed, slamming their faces on the keyboard? great weapon fighters are practically useless until end game where they then become the ugly duckling of AOE mastery? wtf is going on here?

E)F2P and popularity dictate that majority of community is so brain dead that random queues will make you want to quit the game.

F)half the community are legit players, half the community doesn't care. this creates a massive divide that leads to nothing but frustration.

G)chat content and player names that would more suit a game of Call of Duty with 12 year olds.

H)i'm pretty sure half the community ARE 12 year olds.

I) the mmo grinder review kinda sums it up: Fun game but the community is so awful it almost kills the game's enjoyment if it wasn't so fun to solo in.

J)can easily buy top end gear at 60 if one so chooses, negating entire swaths of content that now have less people to do them because of purchased gear.

K)tacked on, horribly unbalanced pvp system

L)a sweet foundry with limitations placed on it by the devs that may end up hurting creativity more than helping.

i love this game but the main thing i like to do in MMO's is group stuff, and in this game, the group stuff is painful as hell because of bad players being far and away more common than good ones. the game is not hard, people just don't f***ing listen and then we wipe, and wipe, and wipe, and wipe. oh that brings me to another issue:

M)what in the hell were they thinking sticking everyone from all over europe and the americas together? it's worse than WoW's dungeon queue system now. that game's system routinely puts brazilian portugese only speakers and spanish only speakers in with english only speakers and it leads to so much confusion and an impossibility of communication. this game puts everyone from europe and north/central/south america together. normally it's not an issue because of the nature of this game, but in some of the harder boss fights(mad dragon, gray wolf den), communication is actually useful. it's more unfair to the europeans and such because they're a staggering minority comparatively.

N)everyone plays their class how they want. the devs want that. however, in theory it should work, but in practice it doesn't. you still have to go by builds and such still. people not doing a vital role of their class leads to problems. a cleric not healing as the only cleric means certain death later on, a wizard not CC'ing is a major handicap. etc..

all in all i love this game but it's future doesn't look so good as a lasting community. unless the bad people leave in droves over time that is.
#2steveoSEKPosted 5/17/2013 11:26:20 PM
TBQH, as i stand right now, as a cleric, if i can't find a good guild to run end game stuff with, i'm quitting shortly after 60. I love it, but with how broken cleric threat is right now, and how unhelpful and bad people can be(not always, but often), i just can't take that for too long. It's frustrating beyond the point of still being a fun game at times. But then i do a run with good players and it's a total blast.
---
http://i.imgur.com/FKvo0sE.jpg http://gurn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/eek-a-mouse.jpg http://i.imgur.com/mmsHVBv.jpg
#3Egxamer1Posted 5/18/2013 2:58:57 AM
ever try reading zone chat in town.. good luck with that bs.

i hate how screwed up the communication system is. its slow, its lame it alt tabs me when im trying to give out a command, etc etc bleh blah bleh blah blah.

im yearning for more ToT action in wow right now because of this game.

18hrs x4 +1 more 18hrs for a blacksmith F U game devs...
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#4HoheiPosted 5/18/2013 4:44:13 AM
I take it this is your first F2P game?

Pretty much all your complaints are summed up already.
---
Damn twitter/facebook/blog generation thinking they're special snowflakes who think their thoughts/comments/concerns mean ****.
#5pres_madagascarPosted 5/18/2013 5:18:25 AM
Egxamer1 posted...
ever try reading zone chat in town.. good luck with that bs.

i hate how screwed up the communication system is. its slow, its lame it alt tabs me when im trying to give out a command, etc etc bleh blah bleh blah blah.

im yearning for more ToT action in wow right now because of this game.

18hrs x4 +1 more 18hrs for a blacksmith F U game devs...

I can't stand wow right now. I went a month of doing ToT without a single loot drop so i just quit playing for a while. Not quit, i just couldn't bear to do another raid right now.
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#6Lunacy182Posted 5/18/2013 5:48:12 AM
It's about on par with any other F2P MMO. It is frustrating nonetheless. Especially as a healer and everyone is continually taking a lot of damage because they never leave the red areas.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#7pres_madagascarPosted 5/18/2013 7:00:53 AM
Lunacy182 posted...
It's about on par with any other F2P MMO. It is frustrating nonetheless. Especially as a healer and everyone is continually taking a lot of damage because they never leave the red areas.

This will never change in random groups. But if you make a premade, it works.
---
#8Edavy89Posted 5/18/2013 7:04:39 AM
This is no different than any other MMO out there, f2p or otherwise. If you honestly think differently, you are delusional.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#9pres_madagascarPosted 5/18/2013 7:19:53 AM
Edavy89 posted...
This is no different than any other MMO out there, f2p or otherwise. If you honestly think differently, you are delusional.

Its better in WoW though. I mean that wholeheartedly. Wow still has the problem, but nowhere near as bad thanks to the monthly fee, the age of the game, etc..

Neverwinter is free, new, and popular. This spells bad news.
---
#10rpgstarmanPosted 5/18/2013 7:23:49 AM
Hmmm, most of what you complain about is because anyone can join and play. So people who don't have a clue how to play and people who do.

I'm a mage and I have yet to be out dps'd by any group I've been in except for one of the very early one's when I was still trying to get the hang of my spell rotation and arcane build up, even rogue's I out dps. I've actually tanked bosses because my dps was so high and the tank couldn't get it off me (maybe I had bad tanks but out well, that's what my companion cleric and pots are for)

And the really funny part, it's BETA, meaning that everything isn't balance, heck look at WOW, how long has that game been out and they STILL can't get it balanced.. One patch Mage's are the best, next patch ret pally, next patch balance druids.. I still remember when prot warriors were considered the WORSE tanks, and druid bears were the best.

As of right now, I've noticed some quests wrong, and certain things that can actually cause the game to crash. You need to report these things that are wrong so they can be fixed, but not cry about it. Don't sit there and do a normal, "OMG how come I the rogue do less dps then tank, you guys screwed up, fix me" no that does nothing, but if you point out things like I've seen on the message boards, about how GWF take more damage per hit then a mage and shown in the exact same content fight, same level, and almost same gear score.. that is how to get things adjusted. They EXPECT people to come out and cry that there class does less dps then some other class, and it doesn't always have to do with game mechanics, it's skill and even sometimes it's your connection speed.

As for clerics gaining threat, yes they gain overall threat, but it's easy to get the mob's off them, again as a mage, when I see new adds, I throw out an aoe or two and get there attention so the cleric doesn't get that threat and can keep healing, then I teleport myself into the middle of the fight or just use my daily power and wipe them out, or both.

The community will suck, because ANYONE can join, but I'd rather it be that way then having to pay to play honestly and still being in a community that sucks.. i.e., WOW. It's so annoying when your paying to play, you know and understand the fight, and know what your diong and do your job correctly and then you have a hunter or rogue or mage just watch the dps # and never get out of the fire and die so you wipe... I'd rather wipe on a free game because of idiots then wipe when I'm paying because of idiots.