possible bug

#1hartjogPosted 5/18/2013 1:49:01 PM
I've encountered what appears to be a bug, but maybe I'm missing something.

I was able to buy quite a few lvl 10 blue quality gear items from the vendors in the main city. Later on, on a different character, I tried to do the same when I hit lvl 10. The gear simply wasn't available from any of the vendors - didn't show in Show all gear or in Show my gear. I checked on my other character, and he couldn't view any of the items either (basically NONE of the lvl 10 blue items from ANY of the vendors showed up).

I suspected maybe a patch changed what the vendors sold, so I had my friend look at the vendors, and he could see all of the items, so he bought what I wanted, then traded it to me. A specific example would be Surestrike dagger - vendor didn't show he had it, but my friend could buy it from him and trade it to me.

I have checked numerous times since this happened, and I still cannot see any of these items, while my friend (and most others, I presume) can see these pieces of gear. I'm wondering what else I'm unable to view from these vendors, I really don't want to have to get someone else to tell me what they see every time I want to buy or simply see what I can buy from these vendors.

Am I missing some setting I may have inadvertently changed that may cause this kind of behavior? Is anyone else experiencing this?
#2Scr3w3dUpPosted 5/18/2013 3:02:06 PM
There is a specific vendor that shows you the "best" available gear for your character that can be bought on the auction house, my guess is that's the one you bought the blue gear from. If your level increases, a lvl 14 green will possibly be better than a lvl10 blue, so he will show you a lvl14 green, and so forth.
---
You were that lonely? You should have children...
You'll never be lonely, plus you get to watch them grow into delicious little angels. - BreakJob
#3hartjog(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 10:33:33 PM
I wish it were that simple. I know the vendor you're talking about. My rogue is still lvl 11, and what's funny is he shows me greens as if the blues don't exist (for me).

I still can't see the items offered on ANY of the other merchants----i've visited each one----and verified with my friend that the items are in fact there.