This game isn't bad but I think TERA is better (IMO)

#1retroGRAD3Posted 5/20/2013 12:41:45 PM
This is not meant as a troll topic or to ruffle anyone's feathers. Just wanted to get some discussion going and others people opinions. I currently play both games, but I find myself playing TERA much more often now. The game's compared are very similar in nature. Both action rpgs that require you to pay attention.

The points that I feel make TERA a better game:

1. Less forms of currency. I still have not figured out what function Gold serves in Neverwinter. It seems to be completely useless and I'm not sure why there isn't a gold AH too. In TERA gold is the main form of currency and it seems to hold actual value. When I put stuff up on the AH, sell it, and then get back currency I can use it is much more rewarding. Also, if neverwinter was just astral diamonds and gold that would be fine, but I think I have counted like 7 forms of currency so far, they went a little overboard.

2. TERA is "prettier" and has much smoother animation. I know that graphics don't make the game, but when you are playing games that are so similar it does play a part. Neverwinter's animations seem much more stiff and stagnant. There is also little variation in the overall animations. Not to mention TERA has females running around in scantily clad armor (which of course from a perspective could be a bad thing, but i don't think so).

3. I like TERAs combo system. Granted Neverwinter's skill system is good as well, I like being able to chain multiple skills together. Adds a flash factor to the game.

4. TERA has much more to do and crafting actually feels like crafting. In neverwinter you basically just set your crafting and a timer starts (which is not all bad), but actually creating something useful seems more fulfilling to me. I do realize Neverwinter is still in beta too, but does anyone really think they are going to add more activities?

Anyway, those are the things that stood out to me. I started playing both games side to side at the same time so I feel I have a pretty good feel for them. In both games I have probably put 40 or so hours in. I will most likely continue to play both as AAA games nowadays leave a lot to be desired.
#2CrysianiaPosted 5/20/2013 12:59:38 PM
And teras the most garbage mmorpg ive ever played.

Opinions, we all have them.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#3retroGRAD3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 1:55:08 PM
Thanks for offering a thoughtful opinion.
#4Brendy_BoyPosted 5/20/2013 2:12:46 PM
Crysiania posted...
And teras the most garbage mmorpg ive ever played.

Opinions, we all have them.

I agree with this statement.

I played in the Tera beta, and it was horrid.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender
#50cu_87Posted 5/20/2013 2:21:13 PM
Tera was the most bland 5 minute experience I have ever had in my life.
#6EnjoyMePosted 5/20/2013 2:38:43 PM
I'm not sure what you expected, TC. You come to the Neverwinter board, it's filled with Neverwinter fanboys, and you tell them you think another game is better?

What did you expect? A discussion? Pfft, this is GameFAQs.
---
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*
#7Edavy89Posted 5/20/2013 3:01:52 PM
I would agree, Tera is better in most all aspects. This is still a good game though.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#8steker16Posted 5/20/2013 3:50:20 PM
i agree with the TC. but posting this on the neverwinter forums is just asking to be flamed by fanboys and wanna be DM's
#9CrysianiaPosted 5/20/2013 3:51:59 PM
EnjoyMe posted...
I'm not sure what you expected, TC. You come to the Neverwinter board, it's filled with Neverwinter fanboys, and you tell them you think another game is better?

What did you expect? A discussion? Pfft, this is GameFAQs.

Im not a neverwinter fanboy, but i can say without a doubt tera was GARBAGE.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#10SyxxPakk6Posted 5/20/2013 4:09:39 PM
Tera is fun but the instances are complete trash.
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | POE Fistkicks / Fistkick / Bowfleks