Something about pvp that makes me chuckle as a cleric.

#11pres_madagascarPosted 5/23/2013 2:58:58 PM
The_Fear101 posted...
steveoSEK posted...
Guardian Fighter + Bull Charge = Useless cleric.

nope. i position myself with my back to a wall so a GF cant knock me out of my circle. nice try though ;P

Unless you're in a hole with walls on all sides you can always be knocked out of your circle. And once you're out GFs have enough CC to stunlock and burst you.

Not true. Its quite easy to force someone to face you, and with astral shield spamming it's easy to just plant your back to a wall and do nothing so they can't make you turn position. Its what I do when more than one enemy attacks me. I hunker down and call out for someone to come help and they always do and we kill them.

If you have half a brain it's super easy to never die holding a point as a cleric.

I haven't been stun locked more than 5-10 seconds since I started doing spam. GF is what I have the easiest time with actually. They're often impotent against my shear defensive and healing onslaught. Everything i do is always healing me and my team. Always.

Super defensive skills, constant heals, etc.. Make clerics nearly unkillable. Obviously if a whole team attacks you you have no chance, but 1-3 are no problem usually. Unless it's 3 rogues.
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#12pres_madagascarPosted 5/23/2013 3:34:44 PM
Right now. With proper build and skill, astral shield spamming is akin to paladin bubble spamming in vanilla WoW.

I fully expect nerfs to it. As much fun as it is its so broken and cheap. A good cleric can indeed remain alive the entire round, even against skilled players.

1v1 a shield spam cleric will always survive indefinitely if they're skilled.
1v2 the cleric still has a distinct advantage but can be overrun with proper teamwork but it rarely happens.

Beyond that you can't guarantee.

Fun fact, if two players attack me and one is a guardian, i always focus on the guardian and let the other one just wail on me since it does nothing.

Guardians and wizards are rhe only thing that can take down a good shield spam cleric, and it'll be a damn good fight to make it happen.
---
#13The_Fear101Posted 5/23/2013 4:21:05 PM
pres_madagascar posted...

Not true. Its quite easy to force someone to face you, and with astral shield spamming it's easy to just plant your back to a wall and do nothing so they can't make you turn position. Its what I do when more than one enemy attacks me. I hunker down and call out for someone to come help and they always do and we kill them.

If you have half a brain it's super easy to never die holding a point as a cleric.

I haven't been stun locked more than 5-10 seconds since I started doing spam. GF is what I have the easiest time with actually. They're often impotent against my shear defensive and healing onslaught. Everything i do is always healing me and my team. Always.

Super defensive skills, constant heals, etc.. Make clerics nearly unkillable. Obviously if a whole team attacks you you have no chance, but 1-3 are no problem usually. Unless it's 3 rogues.

I have no idea how you think you're going to stop me from jumping on you with Lunging Strike, circling, and knocking you sideways along the wall and out of your Astral Shield, but OK.

Or how you expect to heal 30K+ of burst damage when you're flying in the air or getting knocked up again as soon as you land by Frontline Surge, but OK.
---
I used to be Scoob...
#14pres_madagascarPosted 5/23/2013 4:41:21 PM
The_Fear101 posted...

I have no idea how you think you're going to stop me from jumping on you with Lunging Strike, circling, and knocking you sideways along the wall and out of your Astral Shield, but OK.

Or how you expect to heal 30K+ of burst damage when you're flying in the air or getting knocked up again as soon as you land by Frontline Surge, but OK.

Its easy to keep you in front of me. Also, my astral shield is able to me cast before the first one even wears off. Thats why you can't stun kill me. I also always have some sort of heals going on. Only rogues can stun a cleric protected by astral shield. Astral shield makes you immune to guardian stuns. But not a guardians knock back.

Literally if i plant my back on rhe wall at the point, then spam chain astral shield divinity version, I can end up not moving at all and my people come as back up. Every time.

There's a reason the term "drop astral shield and go afk" exists in this game. Thats ab exaggeration but its not far off.

Every class has something sbout it that's OP and broke in pvp. Clerics have this.

If you really want to be mean, while spamming astral shield, use prophecy of doom and forge master flame on them when your team is near the cleric and watch as they're easily killed.

I've had people say i was hacking in pvp because of how hard I am to kill.
---
#15pres_madagascarPosted 5/23/2013 4:47:17 PM
See, with proper build and skill and abilities, itll look like a shield spam cleric isn't losing
Health as you attack them. Whats actually happening is the shield is negating the majority of damage, and what actually damages you is small, and your healing and regen from the shield heal it back right away so it looks like they aren't losing health.

Thats why the wisest way to defeat them is attrition. You need more than one rogue or wizard. Its the best way. Two rogues eventually out damage the healing and slowly whittle away our health. Its slow but works.
---
#16The_Fear101Posted 5/23/2013 4:53:53 PM(edited)
Its easy to keep you in front of me. Also, my astral shield is able to me cast before the first one even wears off. Thats why you can't stun kill me. I also always have some sort of heals going on. Only rogues can stun a cleric protected by astral shield. Astral shield makes you immune to guardian stuns. But not a guardians knock back.

Literally if i plant my back on rhe wall at the point, then spam chain astral shield divinity version, I can end up not moving at all and my people come as back up. Every time.

There's a reason the term "drop astral shield and go afk" exists in this game. Thats ab exaggeration but its not far off.

Every class has something sbout it that's OP and broke in pvp. Clerics have this.

If you really want to be mean, while spamming astral shield, use prophecy of doom and forge master flame on them when your team is near the cleric and watch as they're easily killed.

I don't see how you being able to look at me is going to affect my knockback. Lunging Strike and Threatening Rush means I always have a gap closer to get to you, then it's just a matter of circling so that I'm next to the wall, not facing it, and knocking you out of your Astral Shield with Bull Rush.
---
I used to be Scoob...
#17Guts42OPosted 5/23/2013 5:22:27 PM
Damn right its super easy to keep people in front of you...just hold control. No one is going to admit that they can't beat you, TC, their e-peens would not allow it. Every class does indeed have something cheap, some way more than others. But even as a GWF I can very often utilize Sprint+Unstoppable+Potion and maybe a leap or charge or both in order to get a good way across the map without a chance of anyone stopping me before I get at least most of the way (unless they nuke the hell out of me first, and that almost never happens because its almost always too late by the time they notice me running past all of them), and most other GWFs are so clueless that they almost never catch me either. Not as cheap as, let's be honest here, pretty much every other class, but it still seems very easy to pull off.

Its so fun to force the enemy team to essentially either let me take the base I'm heading toward or spread themselves too thin and my team takes over the base they had been fighting for. And when the enemy team is really dumb, they all chase me, and we 3 cap and win. But of course, this only works if my own team doesn't blow. There were times where I've turned the tide of an entire match doing this.

So, that's what I chuckle about in PvP, aside from the shock people must feel when a gimped class stomps their dick in the dirt.
---
The weak are meat, and the strong do eat.
#18pres_madagascarPosted 5/23/2013 5:30:12 PM
The_Fear101 posted...

I don't see how you being able to look at me is going to affect my knockback. Lunging Strike and Threatening Rush means I always have a gap closer to get to you, then it's just a matter of circling so that I'm next to the wall, not facing it, and knocking you out of your Astral Shield with Bull Rush.

I can easily keep my back to to the wall and can instantly drop another shield. I dont have to go to my first one. I can be very mobile with it.

I've had guardians knock me out and before they can do anything else I have another one down. And i tend to ask someone to tag along as my dps'er when i move point to point. Always works too.

Fact of the matter is most players are not wise enough to know how to counter it. There are very few skilled guardians because of the skill requirement of the class due to its broken threat and such. So they're even rarer in pvp. They do exist though(and i love them in dungeons).

People don't think to bring two rogues or some wizards to try and take me out. Its not that they're dumb, its a matter of not knowing is all.
---
#19The_Fear101Posted 5/23/2013 5:39:59 PM

I can easily keep my back to to the wall and can instantly drop another shield. I dont have to go to my first one. I can be very mobile with it.

I've had guardians knock me out and before they can do anything else I have another one down. And i tend to ask someone to tag along as my dps'er when i move point to point. Always works too.

Fact of the matter is most players are not wise enough to know how to counter it. There are very few skilled guardians because of the skill requirement of the class due to its broken threat and such. So they're even rarer in pvp. They do exist though(and i love them in dungeons).

People don't think to bring two rogues or some wizards to try and take me out. Its not that they're dumb, its a matter of not knowing is all.

I haven't encountered that so far. It's usually Lunging Strike -> Threatening rush -> Bull Rush -> Frontline Surge -> Lunging Strike -> Dead before they can do anything. I'm t1 geared btw.

Guts42O posted...
Damn right its super easy to keep people in front of you...just hold control. No one is going to admit that they can't beat you, TC, their e-peens would not allow it. Every class does indeed have something cheap, some way more than others. But even as a GWF I can very often utilize Sprint+Unstoppable+Potion and maybe a leap or charge or both in order to get a good way across the map without a chance of anyone stopping me before I get at least most of the way (unless they nuke the hell out of me first, and that almost never happens because its almost always too late by the time they notice me running past all of them), and most other GWFs are so clueless that they almost never catch me either. Not as cheap as, let's be honest here, pretty much every other class, but it still seems very easy to pull off.

Its so fun to force the enemy team to essentially either let me take the base I'm heading toward or spread themselves too thin and my team takes over the base they had been fighting for. And when the enemy team is really dumb, they all chase me, and we 3 cap and win. But of course, this only works if my own team doesn't blow. There were times where I've turned the tide of an entire match doing this.

So, that's what I chuckle about in PvP, aside from the shock people must feel when a gimped class stomps their dick in the dirt.

Yeah TC, people who are offering possible counters to your strategy are obviously struggling with e-peen inadequacy syndrome. *Proceeds to boast about his prowess in PvP with a gimped class*
---
I used to be Scoob...
#20Guts42OPosted 5/23/2013 7:16:06 PM(edited)
Oh he can be beat 1v1, of that I have no doubt, maybe even by someone here in this topic. I was just saying that no one is going to agree that they can't (and they wouldn't have, complex or no). Likewise, he won't admit that they could. But I admit, I shouldn't have stated that everyone must have e-peen issues, rather rude I suppose. I can see how it looked hypocritical, but the TC made this topic stating what makes him chuckle in PvP as his class, and I replied with what makes me chuckle in PvP with my class. My class is gimped in PvP, therefore I enjoy holding my own with it. If that's boasting then so be it.
---
The weak are meat, and the strong do eat.