Well, looks like Clerics get the axe in pvp *sigh*

#1JtrunksPosted 6/6/2013 6:40:20 PM
Update notes state we no longer get assist points for our heals.
Which is what we do. That IS WHAT WE FRIGGIN DO.

WE HEAL YOU SCRUBS. how can you take this from us??!

Y U DO DIS? ;A:

"We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update."

;A:

---
On a quest to get one thread stickied :A:
sticky req plz
#2SyxxPakk6Posted 6/6/2013 11:22:01 PM(edited)
Probably will cost $50.00 on the cash shop for "potion of heal assists" - enables the cleric to receive assists for doing their job in pvp.

This game is becoming more and more of a joke. Thank god for Rift F2P June 12th.

---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | POE Fistkicks / Fistkick / Bowfleks
#3pres_madagascarPosted 6/7/2013 8:47:52 AM
All these changes coming made me stop playing. :(
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#4izeckPosted 6/7/2013 11:10:09 AM
Jtrunks posted...
Update notes state we no longer get assist points for our heals.
Which is what we do. That IS WHAT WE FRIGGIN DO.

WE HEAL YOU SCRUBS. how can you take this from us??!

Y U DO DIS? ;A:

"We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update."

;A:

Aren't clerics able to heal while attacking? It seems kind of unfair to get assists for fighting AND healing at the same time. While everyone else gets, let's says, 20 assists the clerics get 40 for doing the exact same thing. Seems fair to me to remove the heal assist points.
#5H0RSEPosted 6/7/2013 11:12:42 AM
One of the mistakes I see many players making, is the assumption that Clerics are dedicated healers - they are not. It is more accurate to class them as "damage preventers." The small cooldown on pots is there for a reason - because players are encouraged to use them, and use them frequently. A player can heal himself more with pots than by relying on a cleric.
---
================================================================
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
#6Guts42OPosted 6/7/2013 4:34:57 PM
People are just butt-hurt because their class will no longer be OP. Good, let the whiners leave. Also, yes, from my understanding of the time I played NWN 1/2, Clerics are essentially warriors who off-heal, there is a reason they wear chain mail and not cloth (I've even seen people call them "clothies", the ignorance!). You want your points? Get your ass out there and fight.

PS. Potions, people, potions.
---
The weak are meat, and the strong do eat.
#7MrMonkhousePosted 6/7/2013 7:56:10 PM
So why do they wear a chain mail?
---
http://i.imgur.com/VukkIe8.gif
#8Guts42OPosted 6/7/2013 9:10:15 PM
MrMonkhouse posted...

I already said why, smart-ass, and you know why. But I'll spell it out for the benefit of the fools here who still don't get it. They essentially off-heal while actually somewhat focusing on fighting. If they were actual dedicated healers they would likely wear cloth, do complete and utter **** for damage, and basically function as heal-bots. Between potions with low cool-downs, actually being able to avoid some kinds of damage, and companions that follow us everywhere but PvP arenas, we don't need real healers in this game, at all. Why is that so hard for most MMO players to understand? You actually have to work to keep yourself alive.
---
#9H0RSEPosted 6/8/2013 1:12:35 AM(edited)
Guts42O posted...
People are just butt-hurt because their class will no longer be OP. Good, let the whiners leave. Also, yes, from my understanding of the time I played NWN 1/2, Clerics are essentially warriors who off-heal, there is a reason they wear chain mail and not cloth (I've even seen people call them "clothies", the ignorance!). You want your points? Get your ass out there and fight.

PS. Potions, people, potions.

Although you are right that Clerics from NWN are more like tanky off-healers, you are not factoring in a couple things:

1. this is not NWN
2. the clerics in nwn did not cast spells as their primary means of offense, like in Neverwinter. They used melee weapons.
3. D&D 4e rules (which is what Neverwinter is based around) features 2 types of Cleric builds - The Battle Cleric, which is similar to the cleric you remember from NWN (and my overall favorite class) focuses on offense, melee combat and Strength-based prayers, and Devoted Cleric, which is the class in Neverwinter, focuses on support, ranged combat and Wisdom-based prayers.

So while the Cleric you mention is more of an off-healer, it is not the same Cleric in Neverwinter.

Guts42O posted...
MrMonkhouse posted...

I already said why, smart-ass, and you know why. But I'll spell it out for the benefit of the fools here who still don't get it. They essentially off-heal while actually somewhat focusing on fighting. If they were actual dedicated healers they would likely wear cloth, do complete and utter **** for damage, and basically function as heal-bots.

You should look up "Pacifist Clerics." They are arguably the best healers in D&D. They do not attack at all (doing so will actually stun them) and many times don't even carry a weapon - and they can wear chainmail.

There are likely 2 reason why Clerics can wear chainmail

1. Clerics are divine casters, so they don't fail spell casting by armor encumbrance like arcane spellcasters do. Because of this, they are able to wear he best protection possible. In earlier editions, they could actually wear plate.

2. It comes down to history and/or lore. In 1e D&D, Cleric were introduced as fighters who can heal while fighting, before Paladin was even a class.

================================================================
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
#10Guts42OPosted 6/8/2013 3:18:31 PM(edited)
You pretty much just clarified/elaborated on everything I said. Yes, you're right, this isn't NWN (though it should be a bit closer to it, other than an action-based combat system, IMO). Sure, I don't know jack about real, actual, tabletop DnD, and no, I didn't personally play anything but a Fighter/Barbarian/Weapon Master in NWN (+Frenzied Berserker in 2). I think I made it fairly obvious that I'm no Cleric expert, not that it matters as far as what I was trying to say. That being said, I think I was still pretty damn close. So I don't really get why you felt the need to post what you did, as it made the same point my posts did, other than to show off how much you know about DnD. Besides, I was specifically talking about the role of Devoted Clerics in this game as not being dedicated healers, I said nothing about real 4E, as it is rather irrelevant in this discussion.

What the hell is wrong with the people on this board? I feel like I get attacked even when I agree with them.
---