This Game Sucks - Do not play it.

#1NvPlaguePosted 6/21/2013 11:11:53 PM
Don't play it.

Barely anyone plays it, and when you do manage to find a group it's impossible to finish an epic dungeon due to players being bad.

I advise anyone interested in this MMO to skip it. It's a huge time sink with little sense of satisfaction of doing anything. The foundry system is lacking, the combat is very watered down just like every MMO.

The hilarious part of Neverwinter is the gear. It's not hard to get gear at all, you can become 10k+ just by spending AD you've received from dailies and quests. This means that everyone and their brother is queuing up for T2 Epics right at 60, whether they know how to do a dungeon or not.

Which brings me to a point about the community. It's dead. There's barely anyone on the servers, even on event days. The majority of people who do play this are baddies. 10 minutes ago I had a thief roll right off the side in the last part of Spellplague Caverns after getting the boss to 50%. During this whole fight the Tank was failing left and right keeping the aggro off the cleric and wizard.

So again I advise, it's a bad game. Do not play.
#2BIGxBOSSxPosted 6/22/2013 3:38:29 AM
Doesn't sound like a bad game. Sounds like people just suck at it. Say you had a group of 5 friends who could play it together all the time. Would it be letter then?
Just curious.
---
"Don't touch my Champene Horsmen"
3DS - 4038-6361-8089
#3jcmasonPosted 6/22/2013 4:05:39 AM
Event days? There were three event days at the end of the beta and nothing else so far, since it launched two days ago.

The agro issue is a known problem though, Clerics pull agro waaaaayyyy too easily just healing the team. I still haven't found a good way to mitigate that, but maybe something will come up eventually.
---
http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/
i7-2600K|H80|MSI Z68A-GD80|2x 1GB GTX 460|8GB DDR3 @1600MHz|Corsair Graphite Series 600T White
#4MrFailPosted 6/22/2013 7:00:39 AM
@ TC. This story is oddly familiar. Were you a CW, and did you quit after the 3rd try?
#5H0RSEPosted 6/22/2013 5:29:29 PM(edited)
NvPlague posted...
Don't play it.

Barely anyone plays it, and when you do manage to find a group it's impossible to finish an epic dungeon due to players being bad. I advise anyone interested in this MMO to skip it. It's a huge time sink with little sense of satisfaction of doing anything. The foundry system is lacking, the combat is very watered down just like every MMO.

I recently hit 60, and have done about 6 epic dungeon runs, all with randoms. We completed every one.

Also, it's an MMO, which means it being a time sink is a no-brainer. As for having little sense of satisfaction, that is based on the opinion of the player, so what you see as unsatisfying, others may not. You say the Foundry is lacking, but you completely ignore the point that the game even features this aspect in the first place. The ability to create your own content in the way of quests/adventures/stories, is missing in a wide range of MMO's.

The hilarious part of Neverwinter is the gear. It's not hard to get gear at all, you can become 10k+ just by spending AD you've received from dailies and quests. This means that everyone and their brother is queuing up for T2 Epics right at 60, whether they know how to do a dungeon or not.

And why should gear be difficult to get? Does it seem impractical to allow players to obtain gear without having to engage in lengthy raids and/or be a "hardcore" gamer? I really don't see the problem here - Johhny casual has the same gear you have - so what? Does your epeen hurt now?

Which brings me to a point about the community. It's dead. There's barely anyone on the servers, even on event days.

I don't see a problem with the community population. I queue for dungeons, I usually find a group fairly quickly. I login and there's always a dozen or so guildmates online.

The majority of people who do play this are baddies. 10 minutes ago I had a thief roll right off the side in the last part of Spellplague Caverns after getting the boss to 50%. During this whole fight the Tank was failing left and right keeping the aggro off the cleric and wizard.

So again I advise, it's a bad game. Do not play.

This has been addressed by a previous post.

BIGxBOSSx posted...
Doesn't sound like a bad game. Sounds like people just suck at it. Say you had a group of 5 friends who could play it together all the time. Would it be letter then?
Just curious.

The game is fine - the people are what can be lacking. This applies to many multiplayer games...

================================================================
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
- Bill Hicks
#6Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 6/22/2013 6:25:07 PM
H0RSE posted...
The game is fine - the people are what can be lacking. This applies to many multiplayer games...

Yeah I wonder what hes gonna say next.. probably something like

"Call of Duty sucks because some games you have bad teammates"
---
http://i.imgur.com/VgwJRED.jpg
#7MoblobPosted 6/22/2013 7:49:33 PM
For cleric agro, have a mage stand right behind your cleric and cast repell in the tab slot , it recharges fast and knocks every thing away from your healer :o) healer heals mage...mage protects healer... fighters clobber everything else,.. Good Teamwork... :o) but everyone has to stay together, if you run off, I can't heal you or protect you if I can't see you friends.
#8H0RSEPosted 6/22/2013 8:51:52 PM
Moblob posted...
For cleric agro, have a mage stand right behind your cleric and cast repell in the tab slot , it recharges fast and knocks every thing away from your healer :o) healer heals mage...mage protects healer... fighters clobber everything else,.. Good Teamwork... :o) but everyone has to stay together, if you run off, I can't heal you or protect you if I can't see you friends.

Clerics can knockback also with sunburst. I use when I run dungeons.
---
================================================================
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
#9HunterTorenPosted 6/23/2013 11:21:21 AM
Enjoying this much more than Guild Wars 2. The quests and lore are much more interesting and the gameplay and feel of the game feels more fun. There are always a ton of people on where I have been playing so far too, many more people than I ever see in Guild Wars 2.
#10Brendy_BoyPosted 6/24/2013 5:55:43 AM
HunterToren posted...
Enjoying this much more than Guild Wars 2. The quests and lore are much more interesting and the gameplay and feel of the game feels more fun. There are always a ton of people on where I have been playing so far too, many more people than I ever see in Guild Wars 2.

I feel the exact same way. GW 2 was one of the worst purchases I've ever made.

I would pay money for Neverwinter.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender