I'm "bad" because I prefer golf over baseball? REALLY?

#1gamezrochardPosted 10/1/2011 2:15:44 AM
These ladies at the bar ask me a random question every so often, and recently they asked if I prefer watching basketball or golf on TV. I didn't have an opinion, but I remember those long, lazy days of just watching golf with my dad on the tube, and never bothered with B-ball, so I picked golf, and my little karma bar went toward the red. WTF?
The next day, they asked me if I preferred cats or dogs, and I paused and thought "this is going to make me evil if I'm truthful, because I do like cats more."
So I picked dogs and it went toward the blue.
I understand the confession questions, but this is just stupid.
---
According to statistics, Gamefaq users miss my point 80% of the time.
"This is me waiting, and this is me waiting on drugs, HURRY THE F*** UP!"
#2casanova88888Posted 10/1/2011 8:04:23 AM
Don't think of it as good or bad. Think of it as freedom or order. Dogs are stable, orderly creatures whereas cats are more "free". I'm not always in agreement with how the bar moves, but that helps to justify a lot of the responses.

I don't see how golf is free, chaotic, or exciting compared to baseball, though. I don't see either as particularly free, chaotic, or exciting.
---
I don't understand gay relationships. Who makes the sandwiches?
XBL: SixStringGun7 Add me if you want to play
#3rascal45Posted 10/1/2011 9:47:55 AM
I can see why dogs would be considered order and cats chaos. Dogs are seen as being loyal to their owners and would do anything, it seems to make them happy. They are called "Man's best friend" after all. Cats are seen as being independent and preferring to do their own thing and not be bothered by their masters unless they want to do so and get some attention.
---
MMmm...that shape is delicious. - Marion Siegbahn Valkryia Chronicles II
#4MR_SorenPosted 10/1/2011 10:40:13 AM
It's not good versus bad, it is chaos versus order.

As to why golf and baseball would be rated in such a way, perhaps because baseball requires an organized and coordinated team while golf is effectively a bunch of people playing independently even if they are on a team.
---
My Collection:
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=rcarello&mode=vown
#5OriPosted 10/1/2011 2:58:27 PM
I think their logic was more in regards to baseball being a "traditional" favorite sport, as the american "national pastime" while golf was more of a non-traditional answer to the question, if not a very chaotic one.
---
-Ori P Orennson
#6Zero BeatPosted 10/1/2011 9:09:25 PM
The one that really grinds my gears is "Do you prefer an older partner or a younger partner?"

Most men will say "younger" and most women will say "older," as reflected in the offline poll results. That's the traditional setup pretty much everywhere on Earth. Yet "younger" is the Chaos choice and "older" is the Order choice. To me, neither way is inherently chaos or order as long as you're not dating someone who is old enough to be your parent or young enough that they could be your child (or under 18 if you're 23 or older, you dirty, dirty ephebophile and/or pedophile). My personal rule is my age plus or minus four years. Also, age become less and less of an issue the older you get. While four or five years can be (and in some cases, is) a big deal when you're 20, when you're 45 and over, even ten years doesn't seem that big a deal to me.

And what about people that were born within a year of each other, so they're pretty much the same age? This one seems pretty much arbitrary to me.
---
Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees. c§xxxxx{##################################>
#7songoku99Posted 10/2/2011 4:30:09 PM
Don't worry golf isn't a sport to begin with anyway.
---
pearl FC: 3353 2356 3740
#8frank_swordsmanPosted 10/13/2011 6:41:19 AM
I saw it as: golf being an independant sport, so being alone and doing what you want. Baseball as a team sport, so working as partners just like love.
---
''Life is an RPG, people just don't understand it...''
#9TheBlackKnight3Posted 10/16/2011 11:07:15 AM

I'm pretty sure it is the freedom to watch what you want; most people watch baseball and watching golf instead would be independent from the majority, the baseball group.

#10HappyUnicorn101Posted 10/19/2011 6:27:33 PM
Golf = chaos
Lots of cheaters and adulterers play golf. (Tiger woods)

baseball = Law = Righteous
It is well known as "America's Pasttime" (I think should have that title though).

What other country in the world represents law, order, righteousness and perfection better than America? none.
---
White Horses + Swirly Horn + Wings = Joy and Peace