Difficulty Setting?

#1kant69Posted 2/13/2012 1:05:44 PM
How does the difficulty setting affect the gameplay?

I have no intention playing on hard, but what is the difference between easy and normal?

Do the block puzzles actually differ, or is it simply a question of continues, etc?

thanks in advance
#2AhysatesPosted 2/13/2012 5:14:31 PM
Some puzzles are easier on easy. The blocks fall slower. You have unlimited undos. And you get more coins.

If you get easily frustrated I suggest that you play on easy. I played on normal and sometimes I felt like throwing my controller against the wall. Nothing is more annoying than almost solving a difficult puzzle when suddenly the floor under your feet disappears.
#3kant69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2012 10:01:35 PM
Thanks Ahysates

I can't say I'm actually enjoying playing the game - I'm more intrigued by it and just want to see how it plays out.

So I'll probably opt for the easy setting unless it becomes too easy (some of the early stages were unexpectedly easy in places and I'm assuming that it will literally be an uphill struggle from hereon).

Having said that, Catherine is a game that you can't help but admire and appreciate for its sheer personality and distinctiveness.

So its already a personal favorite, irrespective of personal enjoyment.
#4green_aboboPosted 2/28/2012 12:19:26 AM
definitley stay away from hard your first playthrough, unless you intend to mimick youtube, move by move. thats just no fun. save that for when youre really stumped.

youre going to want undos, believe me.

if youre struggling to get golds, remember, undos reset your combo scores back to where they were before you lost them. :)

easy may be too easy, normal is a good starting point for the mix of challenge/reward, imho.
#5n0goodPosted 3/1/2012 5:59:05 PM
I broke my controller on easy I got so pissed.
#6green_aboboPosted 3/3/2012 1:34:30 AM
wow.