"Vincent" overreacting to everything is annoying...

#1TheDebaucheryPosted 3/13/2012 3:09:02 PM
He lies even if you play good, he freaks out over everything, stumbles over his words and pretty much says the most ridiculous crap possible at every given situation. Everything is dealt with in pretty much the worst possible way, and rather than confronting his problems directly (even aggressively), "Vincent" flails like a useless wuss.

In short... this game has its Japanese origins pasted all over it. Pretty much anyone who had NOT come from some ridiculously overreactionary asian media would have either dealt with all the relationship nonsense very quickly, or not even considered it an issue in the first place. And even if they had, it wouldn't have been so utterly absurdly expressed.

Besides... both the girls are intolerable. One of them is a stereotypical control-freak to the Nth degree... and the other has absolutely zero regard for personal space, privacy or anything equivalent. As such, surely it couldn't be that difficult for "Vincent" to tell whichever one was worse for him to GTFO.

Ugh.... v_v;

What were the original Japanese names of the characters, assuming they had such things?
#2TheRobPosted 3/13/2012 8:15:15 PM
I enjoyed the game for what it was, but I can't disagree with anything you said. I've often times found myself shaking my head in disbelief at how poorly he handled everything, even when you're doing things "right" he says stuff that realistically just makes things worse. But, I suppose, if he wasn't so inept the game would likely be fairly short.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#3TheDebauchery(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 11:56:32 AM
That and there often isn't any way to know which is the "Good" answer and which the "Bad" one. I seem to be constantly yoyoing about the middle point because what I think is a good answer turns out to be a bad one half the time. v_v;
Furthermore, there are certain things I really just feel I have to answer honestly.... and sometimes it feels a tad like the game is judging me poorly for my own honest opinions. Kinda messed up, honestly.
#4bucktoothgamerPosted 3/15/2012 5:26:53 PM

TheDebauchery posted...
That and there often isn't any way to know which is the "Good" answer and which the "Bad" one. I seem to be constantly yoyoing about the middle point because what I think is a good answer turns out to be a bad one half the time. v_v;
Furthermore, there are certain things I really just feel I have to answer honestly.... and sometimes it feels a tad like the game is judging me poorly for my own honest opinions. Kinda messed up, honestly.

I think you like many other peopel, confuse the meter for Good and Evil when you should actually think of it as order and chaos. If you make a choice that throws you into the red it dosent mean the game is saying youre a bad person it means that desicion you made sides more with an individualistic approach rather than the following the crowd type approach.

#5paulguyPosted 4/5/2012 2:50:23 AM
Vincent is definitely my least favourite character in the game, which is unfortunately since Im stuck playing as him.
---
Mass Effect 3 is one hell of a game!!
#6JumalaccaPosted 4/12/2012 8:24:08 PM
Vincent becomes pretty cool around Day 5? When he first says "LISTEN to me". After that he becomes a lot more badass ("F***ing blocks, I'm gonna climb the s*** out of you!").
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqFHOnfYro - Skyrim Shuffling Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkm_5HXK65Y - More serious Skyrim vid
#7UcnslowdncePosted 5/4/2012 11:48:46 AM
Eh? The game takes place over the course of nine days. If you could deal with the issue that Vincent dealt with in half the time, you must be beyond human. Also keep in mind, the guy was waking up almost every morning being boned when he hadn't really asked for it (after the first time).

I dealt with a similar situation myself, albeit I wasn't in a relationship at the time, but it took at least a little over a week to sort. It just goes to show no matter how tough you think you are, you just don't know until it actually happens to you.
#8novagenesisPosted 5/10/2012 4:28:05 PM
I think all the "would've resolved it more easily" has to stop and take into account the secrets that are revealed later in the game. He *couldn't* deal with the Katherine/Catherine thing earlier, period.

And for the rest...I think if I were in the same cheating/pregnancy/etc situation (sans supernatural stuff), that's exactly how I'd react. Drinking myself unconconscious. While knowing that makes me think I'd never get myself into that situation, I can only imagine the breakdown I'd have if I did.