African Princess boss help (SPOILERS)

#1Core1019Posted 2/14/2011 4:07:57 PM

Hi guys,

I'm fighting the African Princess boss (in the Twilight bit). I've beat her before on my previous playthrough, so I know how it should be done. My problem is that this time I forgot to get the Spear Block skill before I came to Africa, so I have no way of deflecting her laser beams (my only block skill is Sword which does nothing).

I've seen on various places of the net that you don't actually need the block skill, and if you just stand there with your weapon out it will deflect it, however this only seems to hurt me, not her!

I really don't want to have to repeat the entire of Africa because of this design fault (as it appears).

Any advice on how I can beat her (preferably without having to reload ages back) would be much appreciated!!

Cheers!

#2DarquePosted 2/14/2011 5:22:41 PM
I don't recall what button you push - but my Necromancer/Moonblade user didn't need the block skill.

Just push buttons until you hunker down behind the shield.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#3Core1019(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2011 11:41:28 AM

Cheers for the help mate, I just figured out what the problem was... In my, er, infinite genius I forgot to switch to the Spike & Shield, I assumed it did it for me :P Holding down the attack button worked once I realized it hadn't!

#4DarquePosted 2/15/2011 2:53:53 PM
=)
---
Jill Valentine > You