boss run exploits?

#1geno21Posted 1/28/2013 3:09:59 PM
I don't know how this is happening, but I tried to get some of the old d2 fun runs going, doing some cruel merveil runs for drops and xp and for fun. What happens though is I'll create a brand new instance for the caverns of wrath to kill her and what happens is people will join and almost instantly be in caverns of anger, they never enter my TP/map, and when I clear through to the boss its already dead. How are people exploiting this?
---
Unintentionally following in the footsteps of The_Great_Geno
#2DaxlothPosted 1/28/2013 3:13:11 PM
I've seen this also. I don't understand! The map is generally demolished and boss is dead
#3bragadoPosted 1/28/2013 3:34:43 PM
I'm not exactly sure how they are doing it but, if you ctrl click the entrance to caven of anger you'll create a new instance so that may help you. Happened to me last night but I realized it and kicked them, ended up fighting merveil's second form since they were already halfway through killing it. Lol
#4Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 1/28/2013 3:37:44 PM
Wow, not even a week out and there's already exploits?

God damn what's next? People duping GCPs?
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#5llaW_EnotsPosted 1/28/2013 6:21:08 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Wow, not even a week out and there's already exploits?

God damn what's next? People duping GCPs?

Next thing we know PC Gamer staff accounts will be hacked.
#6KhelThuzadPosted 1/28/2013 6:39:41 PM
To reset some bosses like Merv or Oversoul you have to reset the instance from the first cave. The areas are linked together. If you reset only the Merv cavern , you will see a dead merv, just like the last area of the pyramids.

You can reset an instance by Ctrl clicking the entrance.
---
carriers are synonymous with instantaneous-winination - parrot_of_adun
Doesnt work in inferno, the monsters kill you and farm you for gold instead - havok718
#7chaosedge88Posted 1/28/2013 6:46:48 PM
Naw, people are doing this by multi-boxing. You got any idea how much higher the drop rates are for orbs, rares and uniques with 6 people?

The difference between the haves, and have nots in this game will be the players who multi-box farm with a full team, and those who don't. Its really that simple.
#8llaW_EnotsPosted 1/28/2013 6:50:45 PM
chaosedge88 posted...
Naw, people are doing this by multi-boxing. You got any idea how much higher the drop rates are for orbs, rares and uniques with 6 people?

The difference between the haves, and have nots in this game will be the players who multi-box farm with a full team, and those who don't. Its really that simple.

if only we could Pay 2 Win
#9chaosedge88Posted 1/28/2013 6:56:09 PM
llaW_Enots posted...
chaosedge88 posted...

if only we could Pay 2 Win

The people who multi-box farm might buy a ton of tabs to stash rares for vendor combos. If you vendor 2 rares with the same rare name you get an alchemy orb. Vendor name combos used to be easier in closed beta, but if you are getting tons of rares, and have tons of stash place, statistically you will eventually start finding a lot of combos after you acquire enough of them. If you got 10+ stash spaces you could easily organize them in an orderly manner.
#10chaosedge88Posted 1/28/2013 7:01:41 PM
Lets say after you fill up 20 stash tabs full of rares, every farming run you do is very likely to net you vendor combos, and after that you will be able to sustain consistent vendor combos just by having a massive quantity. If you organize them in an intelligent way, and not just randomly throw the stuff in there, it shouldn't take long to find a combo, and you can even keep notes about which rare name prefix and suffix are located in which tabs to expedite your search. That is how I did it.