How to link gems together??

#1invykingPosted 1/28/2013 4:17:06 PM
How do I link my gems to combine the effects of them, like split arrow with fire arrow to shoot more fire arrows, etc. Thanks!
#2Succubus191Posted 1/28/2013 4:29:36 PM
The sockets on the items need to be linked, you can tell if it has a link because of the little yellow/gold line between the sockets.
#3invyking(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:33:32 PM
thanks, what can you do to link sockets?? what currency is it??
#4Succubus191Posted 1/28/2013 4:57:17 PM
Orb of Fusing allows you to manipulate the socket links. It is random just like everything else in the game so you may not get the correct links you were looking for. If the item only has 2 sockets it will always put the link between them.
#5DarkPsychoPosted 1/28/2013 5:30:53 PM
Split Arrow won't link with Fire Arrow even if they are linked together. They are both attack gems.

What you're looking for are support gems; to link Split Arrow with the Added Fire Damage gem, or Fire Arrow with the Multiple projectile gem. You need support gems to start changing your spells, and for the most part you really don't start seeing them until around level 30.
---
At any given moment I think of about a thousand things,
Don't worry only four involve killing you. ^_^
#6eco masterPosted 1/28/2013 5:52:21 PM
Split Arrow won't link with Fire Arrow even if they are linked together. They are both attack gems.

What you're looking for are support gems; to link Split Arrow with the Added Fire Damage gem, or Fire Arrow with the Multiple projectile gem. You need support gems to start changing your spells, and for the most part you really don't start seeing them until around level 30.

I'm fairly certain they start appearing as early as Act 2 - if I recall, you'll get one for a quest reward early on. I imagine, though, that they drop more often as you progress in the game, of course.

Just to clarify in the event of any confusion, support gems will be explicitly labeled as support gems in the ability tooltip, so watch for those TC.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#7sadjesturePosted 1/28/2013 5:53:26 PM
^^ what he said.

If you're not sure if you have an attack gem or support gem, look at the shape of the gem. If it is "circular shape" then it is a support gem. Look at this:

http://imgur.com/xbRaMl6

The first rows are Attack Gems. By around level 15, once you reach the Siren's Cove, you'll begin to see your first Support Gems which looks like the ones on the 2nd row.