Do you tend to stack more armor or evasion?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 1/29/2013 9:06:51 AM
If given the choice, what do you try to focus on first? Also, what type of character do you play, melee or ranged? Seems like increasing the odds of getting hit less in the first place would be the best option between the two...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#25171522Posted 1/29/2013 9:19:00 AM(edited)
10% armor damage reduction
10% chance to dodge all attacks

Those are identical in my eyes. In either case, you are effectively taking 90% of the damage the enemies are dishing at you. So "increasing the odds of getting hit less in the first place" is like saying it's better to start walking with your left foot first instead of your right foot if you want to get somewhere faster.
---
Not.
#3xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:22:31 AM
Yeah but I don't think the armor reduction is a blanket value 100% of the time whereas with evasion, you either get hit or you don't. Pretty sure later in the game that armor tends to be less effective the harder the enemies hit. Or am I wrong here?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#4easymodexzPosted 1/29/2013 9:32:37 AM
Mathematically, armor becomes exponentially stronger against enemies that have low damage attacks.

Evasion is exponentially stronger against enemies with low accuracy.

Against an opponent with high damage per hit and high accuracy, you're boned either way.

The tactical difference, of course, is that damage through armor reduction mechanisms is easier to deal with from a burst damage / healing perspective.

The real difference for planning a character is what special passives to choose. Iron Reflexes for example, SuperDodge, No-Evasion+No-Stun. Etc.
#5Mcdj_DakPosted 1/29/2013 11:15:27 AM
No Stun + Stack Health/Health Regen. Unless of course you're playing ranged, in which case I wouldn't know what to do.
---
GT - KotaShoWill
#6therickmu25Posted 1/29/2013 12:36:16 PM
As a Ranger, I found the drops tended to be much for evasion heavy. So, there's a skill that enables you to convert all of your evasion into armor. My thought on it is, what's the difference if you can dodge 80% of enemy attacks, if all it takes is 1 hit to kill you anyway?

At level 14 I have like 460 armor now and no evasion. I've been doing much better with this also.
---
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg
#7arucard199Posted 1/29/2013 12:46:19 PM
IMO evasion isn't as great as armor.

Later in the game if you don't have armor you'll be getting 3-shotted by mobs. And there's a buttload of attacks coming at you.

I'd rather be able to tank 20 hits through my potion regen than dodge 17 hits but die to the unlucky 3 that get through. Especially with all the current desync issues the game is having.

The one build I'd use evasion on would be a CI build. Since shields regen after you stop taking damage for a period of time, stacking evasion and block chance would probably give you the window you need to get your shields back up.
---
"OH YA! Look at ya! Talkin all dat good **** a second ago! Then you got KICKED IN YO CHEST!" -Col. Stinkmeaner
#8profDEADPOOLPosted 1/29/2013 2:09:27 PM
IMO evasion isn't as great as armor.

Later in the game if you don't have armor you'll be getting 3-shotted by mobs. And there's a buttload of attacks coming at you.

I'd rather be able to tank 20 hits through my potion regen than dodge 17 hits but die to the unlucky 3 that get through. Especially with all the current desync issues the game is having.

The one build I'd use evasion on would be a CI build. Since shields regen after you stop taking damage for a period of time, stacking evasion and block chance would probably give you the window you need to get your shields back up.

Unless you are also running life leech and Ghost Reaver on your CI build. In which case going for armor is better then Evasion.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD
#9gfacchiniPosted 1/29/2013 2:15:55 PM
I go with armor on my melee guys. If I get hit I want to be able to not die right away :D